Programs / Games Randomly Freezing

Helper123

Back in 2013, I've bought a PC and a copy of Windows 8 from the only Computer store in Nuuk (Greenland). The computer came with MS-DOS. I installed Windows 8 on it and everything seemed to work fine. Before few weeks, I upgraded to Windows 10 and since then, some programs and games are randomly crashing, freezing and all kinds of terrible stuff, which haven't been happening in Windows 8.

Even worse is the fact that when they crash, the whole PC should be restarted as it doesn't respond.

If you know anything about it, feel free to drop a reply. Should I get back to Windows 8 or directly downgrade to something like Windows 7 or even XP ?

Edited by Helper123

Was it update from 8 to 10, not a clean install? Maybe some old crap remained in system and got badly converted? Clean OS (Win 10) install is not sophisticated solution, but might work.
And I guess other helpers would love to know your PC specification, both software (like drivers, internet security and everything that run on startup) and hardware.

I upgraded. I didn't do clean install, however i reinstalled most of the programs after i was done with the upgrade.

Specifications shouldn't matter, because they are good enough to run Windows 10 and every program that I run.

Anything else that you can recommend, different than format?

Edited by Helper123

One of my laptops would only run well with Windows 7 or 8.x , after Windows 10 I had no audio and problems.

Run with which ever OS works, since that is its job. Most good software don't care about new Windows anyway.

I will think about it. I'll probably downgrade to Windows XP, as the main programs that I have to run are completely compatible with it and i were always using that Windows before I got this laptop. - or should i ?

Edited by Helper123

Both Windows XP and Windows 8 are good operating systems. They are not supported anymore but this may be an advantage (not "Feedback and Diagnostics" telemetry stuff which is inherent in Windows 10 by the way). I would suggest Windows 8 for better compatibility with newer hardware but if you can find drivers for Windows XP you can go with it too.