Chrome 49 Update

sdfox7

Chromium-based browsers use just a portion of the code and they might not be updated. For instance, k-meleon is based on Firefox, but doesn't support all the Firefox functions; in fact, I tried to install puglins meant for Firefox in k-meleon, with no luck with almost every plugin, except for a very few exceptions. I'll look more into this and I'll give chrome another shot.

Edited by FranceBB

• 1 month later...

On 14/05/2016 at 6:30 PM, sdfox7 said:

While I have previously recommended switching to an alternative browser, the question is: if SlimJet continues to work on XP, what functions/code does it have that allows it to run, and can that be ported to Chrome 50?

XP support will be dropped in Slimjet 12

XP users can continue to download Slimjet 11 from the early version archive. If there is a critical security issue with Slimjet 11, we will update it into the Slimjet 11 branch.

Yes, a great shame about Slimjet, as I had started to use it and really liked it.
It even still supported NPAPI plugins like QuickTime up until version 10, based on Chromium 50, which I'm still using.
The next version 11 (Chromium 51) will still work on XP but has dropped NPAPI plugin support, and as said the next version after that (12) will no longer run on XP.
I actually wish they'd dropped both NPAPI plugins and XP at the same time, and kept the last version that supported both updated with security fixes but no new enhancements, and I've said that to them in their forum.
:)

7 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Yes, a great shame about Slimjet, as I had started to use it and really liked it.
It even still supported NPAPI plugins like QuickTime up until version 10, based on Chromium 50, which I'm still using.
The next version 11 (Chromium 51) will still work on XP but has dropped NPAPI plugin support, and as said the next version after that (12) will no longer run on XP.
I actually wish they'd dropped both NPAPI plugins and XP at the same time, and kept the last version that supported both updated with security fixes but no new enhancements, and I've said that to them in their forum.
:)

Those devlopers never understand  other fealings

hi , Any of you here behalf of me can suggest following thing to slimjet.

*Custom Kernel32.dll can be made with Wine for linux soarce code

*Import can be changed to ker32 or something else and also custom Kernel32.dll can be renamed to ker32 to provide missing api to xp ( And this can be used with every system dll)

I hope they will continue XP

• 2 weeks later...

Might be waaay over-thinking here and might sound dumb, but what if it's possible to create a stub kernel32.dll in the chrome folder which inheritances everything from the regular windows kernel32.dll but has the GetThreadID function along with others chrome uses now?

Or is it just simply not possible at all?

Edited by Kippykip

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 7:34 AM, Kippykip said:

Might be waaay over-thinking here and might sound dumb, but what if it's possible to create a stub kernel32.dll in the chrome folder which inheritances everything from the regular windows kernel32.dll but has the GetThreadID function along with others chrome uses now?

Or is it just simply not possible at all?

i already tried that even added GetThreadID to kernel32.dll

upto crome 50 is fine but after that nothing happen due to fact that crome is blocked in nt 5.x (Bug was found by BWC)

i still trying to find a better way to add function to kernel

43 minutes ago, Dibya said:

i already tried that even added GetThreadID to kernel32.dll

upto crome 50 is fine but after that nothing happen due to fact that crome is blocked in nt 5.x (Bug was found by BWC)

i still trying to find a better way to add function to kernel

Hmm, is there a way to fake the NT system version along with it?

12 hours ago, Kippykip said:

Hmm, is there a way to fake the NT system version along with it?

dude there is way to fool by changing in registry and syssetup but bad thing is that next time your pc will not boot due to mismatch in oskrnl version

On 7/27/2016 at 1:37 AM, Dibya said:

dude there is way to fool by changing in registry and syssetup but bad thing is that next time your pc will not boot due to mismatch in oskrnl version

d*** that sucks...

@Kippykip... or it will automatically change it back and then boot, depending on where you change it in the registry first. I tried that long time ago... :(

P.s I'm gonna post FFMPEG and FFAStrans successfully backported to XP tomorrow. ;)

3 hours ago, FranceBB said:

@Kippykip... or it will automatically change it back and then boot, depending on where you change it in the registry first. I tried that long time ago... :(

P.s I'm gonna post FFMPEG and FFAStrans successfully backported to XP tomorrow. ;)

Oh shizzle! Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2016 at 1:50 AM, FranceBB said:

And that would be an awesome thing!

Unfortunately I've been pretty busy at work and I'll keep being busy, unfortunately. Anyway, it's a great news and I really appreciate everything you are doing! ;)

Thanks FranceBB

I succeed to add 80 Vista /server2008 function to kernel32 of xp.

It also include GetThreadID

THanks for back porting format factory