intel processor frequency id utility

cov3rt

i am looking for the intel processor frequency id utility versions 5.6 and / or the last ones that work on windows 95 and windows nt 4.0 server ( regular version ). i tried to download them via links from one of the other thread which i can't reply to having to do with cpu microcode, and the links wouldn't work, even when using waybackmachine. i tried manually typing fidenu25.msi into filewatcher and that to didn't bring anything, there was like one site that had them in archive when doing a google search but appeared to be filled with viruses and still wouldn't download. the latest version of the utility i have on windows 95 that i got working is 3.9, it was mentioned that 4.0 and newer don't work and yes, i wasn't able to get them to work, however, it was said that 5.6 works, but why? how come 4.0 - 5.5 wouldn't work, but they have 5.6 as working? i tried version 6.5 on nt 4.0 server and even though it was mentioned on the list of support, it said it wasn't supported when trying to install, or perhaps the information was misleading. 

so does anyone have an archived version or one they can upload of version 5.6 or the newest one for nt 4.0 server?

I'm still digging, I may have it somewhere but it's lost in time. For the moment I found a working Wayback Machine link to 5.6, but the page it's originally linked from indicates 95/NT4 are not supported.

For what it's worth, the current 7.2 Bootable DOS version is OS Independent, but you probably already knew that.

I don't know what your goal is, whether you specifically need the Intel utility or whether you're just looking for a good CPU info tool, but CPU-Z version 1.32.1 will run on Windows 95. It may require a DLL file that does not come by default and/or the Desktop Update shell installed (it's been a while since I used it), but it does work.

I'm still digging, I may have it somewhere but it's lost in time. For the moment I found a working Wayback Machine link to 5.6, but the page it's originally linked from indicates 95/NT4 are not supported.

For what it's worth, the current 7.2 Bootable DOS version is OS Independent, but you probably already knew that.

I don't know what your goal is, whether you specifically need the Intel utility or whether you're just looking for a good CPU info tool, but CPU-Z version 1.32.1 will run on Windows 95. It may require a DLL file that does not come by default and/or the Desktop Update shell installed (it's been a while since I used it), but it does work.

thanks for the info. yes, i have tried cpu-z 1.32.1 before on windows 95. i don't need the newer processor utility per say, version 3.9 works on w95 and good enough,  just thought it would be nice to have one a little newer. i use version 7.1 of the processor utility on windows 98SE builds as well as everest home 1.51 on both windows 95 and 98SE and they are nice applications to have as well as speedfan 4.28, hwmonitor 1.17 i think is what i use too for 98SE. i just recompiled my nt 4.0 server support contents with the processor utility version 6.0 (fidenu26.msi) which im just gonna assume will work and be good enough. i probably wouldn't be installing anything newer than a northwood pentium 4 on nt 4.0 anyways.my recent experimenting with nt 4.0 was actually not that bad, i mean, it was difficult to get working at first with the drivers and network part, but i learned some more things now on how to configure things. i got wifi to work and the sis 650 vga driver on the p4s-la revision 1.02 board, although i didn't get sound or ethernet to work, when checking event viewer, it had mentioned that alcxnt ( sound file ) could not be started or it failed, something along those lines, same for ethernet, a device attached to this system is not functioning, something like that. i suppose it was just bad drivers or incorrect driver installation, although they were specifically for nt. i guess i can find out if experimenting on a different setup and still not getting it work to know if it was something that i did wrong on properly installing the drivers or simply the drivers were not compatible. 

• 3 weeks later...

i tried versions 6.0, 5.5, and 5.0 for the intel processor frequency id utility and they give the error of unsupported operating system for windows nt 4.0 server. i didn't try 5.6, but i would assume that it wouldn't work. however, i got version 4.61 (fidenu21.exe) to work on nt 4.0 server, also cpu-z 1.52 works on nt 4.0 too, i could try later versions, but probably wouldn't be necessary, cpu-z 1.52 dates to 2009, i probably wouldn't use anything newer than a ich5 chipset anyways, since most of them use the integrated extreme graphics that is supported under nt 4.0 or a seperate agp / pci e graphics adapter which many are supported as well.