Windows activation.

Roffen

Gparted is good the .iso you got is probably the small Linux live image needed for gparted to run. it is probably small enough to burn to a CD-R. I think clonezilla is a Linux imaging tool it probably has a live image you need to boot(I believe it can still clone windows OS). If you using XP Drive Image XML might be good for you. you will need to make PE media for Windows or use the Live System image on their web site. Link - Drive Image XML

Link - Live CD

Link - Win PE Creation Guide

+1

Just be sure that you use Gparted correctly. It's been know to screw things up if you don't. Also be sure you've Defragged your OS before you shrink/move/(whatever). Then burn the Bootable ISO as you would any other ISO and set BIOS to boot from it.

Macrium Reflect Free version has one limitation that I don't like - it won't restore to a different partition.

I have the program and I think that you are wrong. You can restore to a different partition (of the appropriate size of course) or a different disc. If you want to restore via CD/USB use the Windows PE ones, the Linux ones have really rather limited capabilities.