BSOD after ram upgrade visipro 2gb

tondad70mi

I have icore 3 asus x45c with 2gb memory onboard, and recently i add 2gb more , ddr3 1600 hz visipro, all doing fine when start, but when memory usage reach more than 2gb it shows bsod (blue screen of death).

I;ve check that x45c do support 1333/1600 , don't know what the prblm

This one (Windows 8?) -

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/X45C/

The manual doesn't say anything about how "up to 4gb DDR3 video memory" applies.

It says if you have problems remove added components to see if it boots properly.

I will say this as a possible - Starting at 2gb, upgrade by adding another 2gb, then blowing up at 2gb -may- be some kind of ideosyncracy in the "sleep" (aka Suspend To Ram?) or the Hibernate(?Suspend To Disk?) and the OS using the old info?

The Manual just says "put the RAM in and it works!" (paraphrase). It doesn't have much in the way of BIOS settings. I can say this - the Asus Laptop I have disassembled (AFAIK) used to work before it stopped powering up and was brought to me. Maybe Asus is making crappy Notebooks? (The one I have has 4gb SOLDERED in!) It's an X55C, so...

Curious - what speed/type RAM was in there originally? Maybe a timing/mismatch problem? :unsure:

A dump would help and Trip (and others) know how to quickly read them and isolate the problem (not me, though), so...

(Done chiming in...)

Edited by submix8c