How to merge all Windows 10 edditions for making AIO Usb

Hi all,

I have downloaded the following Windows 10 versions through Media Creation Tool in ISO format;

1- Windows 10 Home Single Lang (x86_x64)
2- Windows 10 Home_x86_x64
3- Windows 10 Home N_x86_64
4- Windows 10 Pro_x86_x64
5- Windows 10 Pro N_x86_x64

Now, I want to merge all above version to get an ISO Image, comprising all editions in one bootable media.

I have found a tool namely "WinAIO Maker Professional v 1.3". When I open the "install.wim" file through aforesaid tool, its gives me the following attached error.

New Picture.bmp

Has someone used the aforementioned tool and can some one help me that how to fix this error?

I'm not an expert in this area, but 2 thoughts cross my mind

1 the .wim contains more than one version of Windows and you need to select an index

2 your reading from a DVD or mounted image and the program you are using needs it to be writable (so copy it to a folder on your desktop)

Check out the  VLite section of the forum http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/177-ntlite/

and the Windows Automate Installation Kit i'm not sure if they have one for 10 or not

i tried to make all windows 10 to a single iso file but i stopped it that the boot base is not same for x86 and x64 still we can try that by just using the boot base of iso(x86 and x64) downloaded using Media Creation Tool of Microsoft but dont know how it works.

there are much difference in both boot bases example sxs folder of x86 and x64 are not same we cant install .Net FrameWork using one to another as the same way we cant keep both in a single folder because they both will have same file name.

i tried to make all windows 10 to a single iso file but i stopped it that the boot base is not same for x86 and x64 still we can try that by just using the boot base of iso(x86 and x64) downloaded using Media Creation Tool of Microsoft but dont know how it works.

How do you like to use the AIO ISO?

Do you like to burn the ISO to a optiocal media? Any IOS size limitations? single layer DVD, dual layer DVD, blu ray

Do you use a virtual CD drive inside a USB hdd?

Which boot environments should be supported? x86 BIOS, x64 BIOS, x86 UEFI, x64 UEFI, secure boot

Do you like to boot from the media?

Do you like to mount the ISO image at running windows and upgrade the current running windows?

A one size all solution may be impossible.

A x86 AIO ISO and a second x64 AIO ISO may be another approach.

Try a x86_x64 AIO ISO:

Use the Media Creation Tool x86_x64 ISO file as reference.

The Media Creation Tool creates a \boot\bcd file references a file \x86\sources\boot.wim and another file \x64\sources\boot.wim.

boot.wim x86 setup.exe supports a folder \x86\sources\

boot.wim x64 setup.exe supports a folder \x64\sources\

Ideas:

Extract the ISO archive file.

Create one x86 install.wim or install.esd. Export all single x68 win 10 images to this wim file.

Create another file x64 install.wim or install.esd: Run dism.exe to export all single x64 win 10 images to this wim file.

Replace the two existing x86\sources\install.esd and \x64\sources\install.esd files.

Create a new ISO image running oscdimg.exe. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824847.aspx

Another idea:

run dism.exe to export all single x86 and x64 win 10 images to one install.wim file.

Copy this file to x86\sources\install.wim and \x64\sources\install.wim

Use oscdimg.exe -o to encode duplicate files only once.

dism.exe /Export-Image /compress:recovery /SourceImageFile:D:\x86\sources\install.esd /sourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:install.esddism.exe /Export-Image /compress:recovery /SourceImageFile:D:\x64\sources\install.esd /sourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:install.esddism.exe /Export-Image /compress:max /SourceImageFile:D:\x86\sources\install.esd /sourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:install.wimdism.exe /Export-Image /compress:max /SourceImageFile:D:\x64\sources\install.esd /sourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:install.wimdism.exe /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:install.wim /Index:1dism.exe /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:install.wim /Index:2path %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%;%path%oscdimg\Oscdimg.exe -bootdata:2#p0,e,bAIO\boot\Etfsboot.com#pEF,e,bAIO\x64\efi\microsoft\boot\Efisys.bin -o -u2 -udfver102 Win10_AIO.iso AIO

@cdob

Thanks for providing so much information the way you explained is very useful for everyone.

i had did the all above things when the Windows 10 is released but I just stopped to create a single ISO for x86 and x64 because of boot base and SXS folders are not same for both as you said I can create both x86 and x64 seperately, but i just waiting for the thing for the single wim or esd to install for x86 and x64.

Recently I started working on the thing to creating Silent Installer for VM's and i am succeeded on that while i am using individual ISO for every type.  I wrote small C# code for extracting the iso and making the iso after my changes done.

I just waiting for the thing for a single boot base and single SXS folder to implement i dont think it is possible.

I just waiting for the thing for a single boot base and single SXS folder to implement i dont think it is possible.

Yes, a single boot base is impossible at a x86 and x64 UEFI environment.

i just waiting for the thing for the single wim or esd to install for x86 and x64.

The second approach uses a single wim or esd to install for x86 and x64. You don't have to copy esd twice, feel free to create a hardlink at the hard disk.

i am using individual ISO for every type.

I'm using individual ISO for every type too.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a limit on how many of these can fit with the esd files. I cant remember the number exactly but I did something similar with Windows 8.1. All I know is when I got to do windows setup it could not find some of the indexes eventhough they were there.