Windows XP: The truly unstoppable OS

AnX

Well, I (really!) got in love with Windows XP the first time I saw their default desktop and start menu.

I hated XP, mostly coz I was winME user, but that thing was so unstable that I wanted solid OS

then I heard of its "brother" win2000, but it lacked good multimedia support

then years later I switched to XP SP1 that was blazing fast and loved it since

• 4 months later...

Sounds like an idea.  I have a few I modded (but without permission), so I wonder what fair use rights would be entailed there.

But when I get home, I can upload them.

Here a few visual styles that I used.  I modified them somewhat (smaller caption buttons or start button replacement, etc).  Use as you like.  I may have more.

(Actually, it's too big to attach.  Send me a PM :) or if someone knows another way, that would be great.)

I had to install a XP VM to install drivers/software for my old phone to backup all messages/contacts. I can't undestand why someone still uses this ugly UX (look&feel and the ugly way of using it like no search in Start) of Windows XP :no: :no: :puke:

Look and feel can be changed via themes and UXStyle. Start menu search is no match for "Everything" search by Voidtools which runs just fine on Windows XP. You can assign a hotkey for "Everything" and just launch anything just as fast - whether it's app shortcuts, documents etc. If you really need to find contents of indexed files, there is Windows Search 4.0 available too although it's such a resource hog.

Edited by xpclient

• 2 weeks later...

I still use Windows 2000 mainly because I still prefer it over XP. I do agree though that certain things are getting harder to do on Windows 2000, even with KernelEx, such as using newer drivers or even a few programs.

I would love to use Win2k, but some stubborn programmers decided to stop supporting it :( Real shame. I like my W2k much over my WinXP. In Win7 i feel like I'm locked in my own computer, so this OS is only for gaming computer.

WinXP there and *loving* them almost like I loved W2k SP4. Sadly... modern GPU-Z, FFMPEG and few **** games need WinXP :(

I still use Windows 2000 mainly because I still prefer it over XP. I do agree though that certain things are getting harder to do on Windows 2000, even with KernelEx, such as using newer drivers or even a few programs.

I would love to use Win2k, but some stubborn programmers decided to stop supporting it :( Real shame. I like my W2k much over my WinXP. In Win7 i feel like I'm locked in my own computer, so this OS is only for gaming computer.

WinXP there and *loving* them almost like I loved W2k SP4. Sadly... modern GPU-Z, FFMPEG and few **** games need WinXP :(

Up until I used XP x64 Edition, Windows 2000 was my all time favourite version of Windows.  I do wish I could have used it longer, but it's amazing what it will even run.  You could be still fairly productive on it.