Convert pre-existing Win 8.1 Update 1 system to WIMBoot

devdevadev

Hello Everyone...

Most of us are always worrying about the Low Disk Space problem within Windows Installation Drive (C drive) of our PC/Tablet/Laptop. All of us who can't afford greater storage within C: drive install only limited and lightweight third party software. Sometimes we stuck in big trouble whenever free space reached to 50-150 MB. And we don't want to re-format C: drive at that time. Don't worry guys.....

Microsoft introduces 'WIMBoot' features in 'Win 8.1 U1' in order to keep size of C: drive smaller. But it  require fresh Windows Installation within from PE Environment. So in real sense WIMBoot doesn't help for those guys who have left only50-150 MB free space in their C: drives. Don't worry guys once again.....

Actually I was also facing low free space problem till now. But now low free space is not a big problem. All thanks to Simon King for creating magical tool <<spam>> 12.2 (DoubleSpace, DriveSpace, Stacker)Simon King have built truly one-click software which converts any pre-existing Windows 8.1 Update 1 system to WIMBoot. This tool is called DoubleSpace and is available from http://www.<<spam>>.co/doublespace.html <<spam>> DoubleSpace uses WIMBoot technology to safely double storage on your boot disk. 

You will not need external storage, a Windows PE environment, manually created images - or anything of the sort - to use DoubleSpace. DoubleSpace runs in one-click, and all you need to choose is compression strength - 4 are available, between MaxSpeed - MaxSpace.

You can even re-compress a disk that has been previously compressed.

I trust you will enjoy using the tool as much as I enjoyed it. Try it..........It works just like magic !

Regards.......

@devdevadev: Thank you for the head's up.

@moataz: Yes - to both. Here's a short list of things you can only do with DoubleSpace:

32 bit OS support (in addition to 64 bit)

BIOS support (in addition to EFI)

HDD support (in addition to SSD)

3 higher grades of compression

Convert existing disk with almost 0 free space

Compress files in addition to Windows OS files

Recompress an existing disk

Compress a disk without requiring external storage

Does not require ADK installation (3GB+ download)

Does not require Windows PE USB

True one-click operation

Use all CPU cores for quickest compression

I've been wanting to try out WIMBoot, but didn't want to go through all the hassle of converting my images the official Microsoft way. Will definitely give a this a try.

Now, the all important question. Is it free?

Edited by ptd163

Now, the all important question. Is it free?

Good question.

You will need AFAIK to register the <<spam>> tool for US$ 23.75, JFYI:

http://reboot.pro/topic/19715-windows-image-file-boot-wimboot/page-2#entry186856

http://reboot.pro/topic/19715-windows-image-file-boot-wimboot/?p=186871

jaclaz

@jaclaz: You're doing false advertising - the product cost is $29.95, not less.

What have we been smoking today biggrin.png

My bad :blushing:,  I mistakenly read the price in Euro, which is € 23.75 (+22% taxes), corresponding to US$ 29.95 (+22% taxes).

jaclaz

• 2 months later...

My bad :blushing:,  I mistakenly read the price in Euro, which is € 23.75 (+22% taxes), corresponding to US$ 29.95 (+22% taxes).

jaclaz

You got it wrong again. Taxes are applied based on the order region, not unconditionally. Time for you to learn that your experience is not universal.

Can <<spam>> be used on a install.wim file? Or does it only work with a live system?

Does it serve any function when installed on Windows 7?

Sorry for the late reply, the forum notifications were not working for some reason.

You can indeed apply any WIM file using <<spam>>'s DoubleSpace.

The recommended use of DoubleSpace itself is on your live system, because then it will be able to save you a lot more space, compressing all apps and data you have installed, in addition to just the raw OS files.

DoubleSpace won't run on older than Windows 8.1 with Update 1, but you can use DriveSpace, also included with <<spam>>, on Windows 7 or any other Windows OS for that matter.

DriveSpace doesn't compress as well as DoubleSpace, but it does run a lot faster and is indeed a lot more versatile in that it doesn't require your PC to be shut down and rebooted into an exclusive processing mode.

More info on DoubleSpace:

www.<<spam>>.co/doublespace.html

More info on DriveSpace:

www.<<spam>>.co/drive-space.html

Enjoy!

You got it wrong again. Taxes are applied based on the order region, not unconditionally. Time for you to learn that your experience is not universal.

Well, no.

I did  "read the price in Euro, which is € 23.75 (+22% taxes), corresponding to US$ 29.95 (+22% taxes)."

Never said that they were not applied on a region basis.

The mistake I made was to confuse Euro with US dollars, which I corrected soon after you made me notice it, and  I quoted those as "net prices" adding in "curved brackets" the percentage of taxes I actually read.

You might want to study some common punctuation to understand what is the use of parentheses:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracket#Parentheses

jaclaz