Do I have Windows 7 x86 or x64 ?

larryb123456

Hello,

I just upgraded from XP to Windows 7 and I want to update my profile, and I don't know whether I have x86 or x64, the only 2 options offered on the profile.

Neither or these two show up when I click on my Computer's Properties.

My OS info:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (Service Pack 1)

Which x do I have?

Thanks.

Off Topic "rant":

The geeks got some revenge on the non-geek users, such as myself, when they changed "Install/Uninstall Programs" to "Programs and Features".

What idiots (IMO)!!!

That's the first thing that I found.

I'm sure I'll find many more such examples.

I'm sure the geeks ROFL when they do such things to confuse the general public.

Larry.

Edited by larryb123456

Well, be in for more "surprises" (moved/changed/added/removed functions/features) between XP and Win7. It does take a bit of playing around to find everything again. And it's a real treat to re-set it up so it looks/acts "similar" (only). I'm not really sure what "settings" would be retained when "upgrading" over XP (never done that), if that's what you did.

Thanks, jaclaz -- I have x86 then.

And, submix8c, I did a complete fresh install of 7 on a new hard drive. Thanks for your concern/input.

Another geek rant:

It seems that with 7, I can't specify where I want my my internet download files to go.

With 98 and XP, it was easy to make them go to the desktop, which is my preferred location.

I checked online for how to do it with 7, and EVERYONE -- at least in all the Google links I went to -- did not have a clue.

Does anyone here know how?

And now, I'm not getting notifications of the topics that I check "follow" on MSFN.

It's always something.

I think I'd be better off taking a sledge hammer to my computer, and just play Mumblety-peg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumblety-peg) in my spare time.

Larry

Yes, LostInSpace2012, that's what a bunch of people suggested when I Googled it.

IMO that SHOULDN'T BE NECESSARY and I don't want some nefarious piece of crap on my computer.

I can manage my own downloads by putting them in the folder I want -- by cutting them from the desktop -- where I can plainly see THE WHOLE BUNCH -- if the idiots WINDOWS 7 GEEKS would have left WELL ENOUGH ALONE from moving on from 98 and XP.

IDIOTS

IDIOTS

IDIOTS

IDIOTS

IDIOTS

If you sense that I'm mad, then you would be very perceptive, IMO.

You see :), the real issue with your use of very large fonts, if you use them now for Windows 7, is that the proportionally adequate font size to write idiots" when you will have "tasted" Windows 8 :w00t::ph34r: won't fit the screen ;).

jaclaz

Before you rant, investigate "how to". As I said, you have to learn NEW ways of doing (almost) the SAME THING!

How to change the DEFAULT Download Location -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-files#ie=ie-9

Notice that it says IE9, BUT it works the same if you look at the IE10/IE11 "instuctions".

Basically, it APPEARS that (note that I do NOT have my Windows 7 PC up and running to double-check) it works VERY similar to IF you save a Web Page, the Last Save Location is retained.

If you don't like that you no longer have the "option", I don't know what to tell you. I DID state specifically

be in for more "surprises" (moved/changed/added/removed functions/features)
It's one of the "prices you pay" when you "upgrade", no matter WHAT OS you "upgrade" from/to. :(

Another FREE Download manager of note:

http://www.flashget.com/index_en.html

HTH

HaHa, jaclaz -- funny.

I'm sorry for ranting, submix8c. You are so correct,

In frustration, I was ranting out of my own IDIOCY, at not being able to figure out how to do the things I wanted to do with my new OS.

I know absolutely nothing about computers.

I apologize.

And I really, really, truly, truly apologize for calling the Windows 7 developers IDIOTS.

But today is a much brighter day, because my new Windows 7 has been tweaked COMPLETELY to totally act like my former XP, in *all* aspects -- thanks to the mysterious, magical mind and nimble fingers of my son, who is a (software engineer)/(.net developer). It hardly took him any time at all for the complete transformation.

I really appreciate your taking time to provide the information in your last post, submix8c -- very much.

I D I O T

L A R R Y

Edited by larryb123456