The file mvs91xx.sys could not be found.

jumpcan

post-389607-0-72834800-1394156252_thumb.My goal is to install Windows XP Pro 32 bit on a new compTuter.

Initially, when trying to install XP Pro, during the installation process, BSOD 0x0000007B appeared.

I have installed nlite onto 1 of my computers.

nlite 1.4.9.1

Nero 6 [ commercial ]

XP SP3

I copied the contents of the XP Pro SP2 32 bit CD to a folder on a separate SATA HDD [ D: ].

I copied the contents of the XP SP 32 bit to a different folder on a separate SATA HDD [ D: ].

I copied the contents of the Gigabyte DVD to a different folder on a separate SATA HDD [ D: ].

For this computer, I have XP Pro SP3 installed on separate HDDs.

I have a base HDD with no 3rd party software. I cloned from the base HDD to s separate HDD using Acronis True Image.

Then I installed Nero 6.

I have also cloned from the base HDD to a separate HDD & installed Nero 12 because Nero 6 hung during the .ISO burn process, at 9%.

I tried different DVD - R brands.

I tried different DVD burners.

FINALLY, I was able to burn the .iso.

I ran the slipstreamed disk in the new computer.

I received the error msg: The file mvs91xx.sys could not be found .

I have verified that msv91xx.sys is present [ multiple times ] in the Gigabyte DVD drivers file.

Using nlite again, I created a slipstream disk and tried to add folder containing mvs91xx.sys.

Same error msg when trying to install XP.

I am glad that I found this forum. It would have been wise of me to read your FAQ.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/158294-nlite-officialunofficial-faq/

"The most important thing to remember with nLite is that you really should not run nLite multiple times on a single source."

New computer hardware

Gigabyte FA288X UP4

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4709#ov

BIOS F2
AMD FX2 A10 5880K
Corsair DDR3 1600MHZ
Corsair CX500; 500 W Power Supply
WD800; 80 GB SATA HDD
Plextor DVD burner / player, SATA
Windows XP Pro, SP2 CD
XP SP3 download from Microsoft
Using the same motherboard, CPU, ram, power supply, Plextor DVD player / burner [ SATA ], and a DIFFERENT HDD [ ALSO a WD800 ], Vista installs with no problems.
If you would like additional Last Session.ini files, please let me know which you think would be valuable [ see attached .jpg for those available ].
Thank you for your attention to my request for assistance.

LAST SESSION (206003.06-22.17.25).INI

Edited by jumpcan

Few things (I did not go into deep analysis)

-your folder contains multiple Last_session files, which seems to indicate that you did run nLite more times on that set of files.

-use latest version of nLite this time, Yes, nLite was updated few months ago (good things happen).

-make sure your XP SP2 is an original Microsoft disk, not just "a disc that works"

-integrate only the drivers you need for your hardware, not all drivers you find on the Gygabite CD, only for XP and not drivers for X64 systems. Idem for "F6 drivers" (floppy method drivers).

-you might check that hardware from your running Vista system if still available.

Patrons:

I will try the latest nlite version.

I will install it onto an XP Pro 32 bit SP3 on which nlite has not been previously installed.

"your folder contains multiple Last_session files, which seems to indicate that you did run nLite more times on that set of files."

Yes, as noted.

My XP Pro SP2 32 bit disk IS a genuine Microsoft CD.

I have downloaded the latest chipset & AHCI drivers from http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4709#dl

"integrate only the drivers you need for your hardware, not all drivers you find on the Gygabite CD, only for XP and not drivers for X64 systems. Idem for "F6 drivers" (floppy method drivers)."

I have contacted Gigabyte & posted a request on their co.uk forum requesting the identities of the necessary drivers. Gigabyte suggested that I disable SATA mode. ARGH! They failed to provide the requested information.

I have no idea as to

"you might check that hardware from your running Vista system if still available"

jumpcan

Using the drivers I downloaded from Gigabyte, I am missing amd_sata.sys .

It is not in the i386 folder.

Can I simply copy it from the download to the i386 folder?

jumpcan

Using the same motherboard, CPU, ram, power supply, Plextor DVD player / burner [ SATA ], and a DIFFERENT HDD [ ALSO a WD800 ], Vista installs with no problems.

From that I concluded that the Vista system was maybe not erased yet. Under that Vista OS, you could use something like HWinfo (there is a portable version, means you don't have to install anything) to find out what SATA controller you really have on that board.

For F6 drivers, you need to use the option "as text driver" or something like that on that screen. I'm not sure if we can see that in the ini file.

I uninstalled nlite.

I deleted C:\program files\nlite

I installed the most recent version of nlite.

This time, I selected all drivers from the files I downloaded.

I selected textmode for each item.

I verified that amd_sata.sy_ was in the i386 folder

The file ahcix64.sys is corrupted.

I hope that someone can help me.

edit:

After creating the .iso & burning it to CD, during the attempt to install XP, the following msg appeared:

The file ahcix64.sys is corrupted.

end edit

Edited by jumpcan

As I had noted, I use separate HDDs.

THUS, there is no need to erase Vista.

Yes, I found the information about textmode at http://www.waynezim.com/2009/07/how-to-slipstream-drivers-into-a-windows-installation-using-nlite/

I read the nlite guide and found only a single mention of textmode, which offered NO advice about selecting textmode or PNP.

jumpcan

From that I concluded that the Vista system was maybe not erased yet. Under that Vista OS, you could use something like HWinfo (there is a portable version, means you don't have to install anything) to find out what SATA controller you really have on that board.

For F6 drivers, you need to use the option "as text driver" or something like that on that screen. I'm not sure if we can see that in the ini file.

Well, at the time, nLite was intended for advanced users, with not to much info on how to use it. Only later SATA became the standard and lots of people got interested in using it to slipstream F6 drivers.

I did not say you needed to or would erase Vista on your other disk, but that install could have happened long ago and it was possible that it was not available anymore.

Anyway,as already said,

-only "F6" drivers need to be integrated as "text mode" drivers. Those are the drivers that allow your XP cd to list your SATA HDD disk and its partition for install, thus before Windows and its PnP detection kicks in. You'd most probably only need one of those.

-only drivers that you need have to be be integrated to your XP 32bit CD, thus not that ahcix64 which is causing you trouble.

Dear Poncho:

This is my first use of nlite. In the past, I had used a manual method for slipstreaming the the OS & the SP. I noted the textmode in the .pdf because, before starting this thread, I read some of the other threads in this forum. in one, an OP was chastized for not doing some research. The OP was criticized because the forum members who had responded thought the OP wanted the forum member to do the work for the OP.

Yes, I am aware that the achix64.sys driver is 64 bit, & that I don't need it because I am installing, or trying to install XP Pro 32 bit.

I simply want to know how to add the correct drivers. This requires that I KNOW which are the correct drivers. I have contacted Gigabyte, but they told me to switch to IDE mode. I listed the Gigabyte support page in hopes that someone at this forum who is smarter than I am smart could help me.

I understand that most of you are unpaid volunteers. I am a member [ using forum names other than jumpcan ] of multiple other forums. I have assisted hundreds of OPs.

I hope a member of MSFN.org can help me with this problem. If not, I'll develop "Plan C". :)

Two notes (not necessarily useful/solving the issue).

1. Some versions of Nero have been reported in some peculiar cases to create issues, I would personally suggest that you use instead the FREE ImgBurn:

http://www.imgburn.com/

to burn the .iso, as this will reduce the possibility of a burning issue. Alternatively, you could think of using a USB stick instead of the CD/DVD.

2. JFYI, it is not really "vital" to have SATA drivers integrated (if the BIOS allows IDE Compatibility mode) as it is usually possible to update the OS with SATA/AHCI drivers later (with the OS booted and working).

It is not clear (to me at least) how your actual hardware corresponds to the drivers page you mentioned:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4709#dl

the chipset (and SATA) drivers are reported to be "Only for FM2 Trinity APU" (whatever it means), while there is a "plain" F6 driver with no particular note attached.

Which hardware do you have? (i.e. is it the one that has "FM2 Trinity APU" or not)?

Which driver did you try to slipstream?

Finally, at least when installing from USB, it is possible to use a "virtual floppy" to use a F6 floppy image (without needing to integrate it).

jaclaz

Dear jaclaz:

Thanks for the suggestions.

"Which hardware do you have? (i.e. is it the one that has "FM2 Trinity APU" or not)?"

I have an AMD A10 5800+ CPU, which is of the Trinity class.

If you would like me to post any of links I have to product information about my CPU, RAM, HDD, or any other piece of hardware, I will be glad to do so, I had posted a summary of my computer's specifications, in my initial post of this thread.

I tried to slipstream the drivers for the SATA. I think that the AHCI file is also needed. I'll post some screen shots.

Firstly, I tried using the files on the DVD which accompanied the motherboard. I had copied the contents of the DVD to my [ D:\ drive ] a 2ndary [ slaved in, in IDE parlance ],

Not knowing which drivers to select, I directed nlite to install all drivers. After each subsequent boot failure [ various files not found ], I tried to narrow the focus of the files I need.

I downloaded the chipset & SATA RAID / ACHA & extracted them to the D:\ drive

I will try image burn. Thanks for the advice.

I will download the files from a different Gygabyte server.

Thanks for your time.

Dear jaclaz:

"Finally, at least when installing from USB, it is possible to use a "virtual floppy" to use a F6 floppy image (without needing to integrate it)."

Thanks. I've read about this method, but I have no practical experience. That may need to change. ;)

Thanks, again, for your time.

I'd say you have to point to the TXTSETUP.OEM file that is created by the exe file (0,37MB) from the page you linked.

For all your other remarks, if you don't feel like I'm helping, it's ok. Oh, and Jaclaz, thanks for your time. :hello:

Dear Ponch:

As I have previously noted, I thanked and continue to thank you for your time.

I am grateful for the advice I have received at MSFN.org.

"I'd say you have to point to the TXTSETUP.OEM file that is created by the exe file (0,37MB) from the page you linked."

I have NO IDEA as to how that could be accomplished. I have other optons / "Plan C" :) .

Thanks again, Ponch.

Thanks, jaclaz.