Get my start button back in Opera 10.63?

ZortMcGort11

I selected the option "show menu bar" and the next thing you know, bye bye red menu/start button that used to be at the top left. I prefer that start button, I just can't figure out how in the heck to get it back to the way it was. Anybody an Opera expert?

Edited by LostInSpace2012

I selected the option to "show the file bar" or "show the tool bar" and the next thing you know, bye bye red start button that used to be at top left. I prefer that start button, I just can't figure out how in the heck to get it back to the way it was. Anybody an Opera expert?

Start Opera with KernelEX Compatibility mode Win2000SP4. Now you have the possibility to uncheck file > Show Menu Bar. If you don't have KernelEX go to C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Opera\OPERA\operaprefs.ini. Open the ini file and look for "Show Menu = 1". Change it to "0".

I have another question you might know the answer to, hopefully. Is there a way to block image URL's by entering them manually to the "blocked content" dialog box? For example, I want to be able to block ads from ad.doubleclick.net, but if I type that address into the blocked content box nothing happens. Is there a trick to blocking images in Opera? There is no right click context menu like in Seamonkey or Firefox.

Its a waste of my cache space/time on dial up to load advertisements. With javascript disabled a lot of ads are gone anyway, but these two addresses are VERY prolific. Here's the other one I just blocked using your syntax, "http://adserver.adtechus.com/*" Between those two, I just annhiliated 95% of the ads. Oh and, the asterisk makes all the difference, that's why I couldn't get it to work before. Of course, when I clicked on the help button and went to Opera's webpage, no mention is made of manually typing in these things. *facepalm* Again, thanks.

I have another question you might know the answer to, hopefully. Is there a way to block image URL's by entering them manually to the "blocked content" dialog box? For example, I want to be able to block ads from ad.doubleclick.net, but if I type that address into the blocked content box nothing happens. Is there a trick to blocking images in Opera? There is no right click context menu like in Seamonkey or Firefox.

Go to this page http://www.fanboy.co.nz/opera.html right click main list or main list + tracking and save to downloads.

Then open a new tab and type about:config

Then look for network and click it

scrolldown till you see URL Filter File and then click chose

Search to way you downloaded the file from fanboy then restart and relax as you get no more adds.