Office 2013 silent install-warning

behdadsoft

Hi.

I want install office 2013 in silent mode. I used setup.exe /adminfile and create a .msp file. even I use config.xml for install in silent mode. but when I try install it with WPI, after install, instead of success message, give me warning message.here is my config.xml:

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">    <!-- <Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="no" AcceptEula="no" /> -->          <!-- <USERNAME Value="username" /> -->        <!-- <COMPANYNAME Value="mycompany" /> -->        <!-- <INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" /> -->    </Configuration>

where is the problem?

Thanks.

Hi.

I want install office 2013 in silent mode. I used setup.exe /adminfile and create a .msp file. even I use config.xml for install in silent mode. but when I try install it with WPI, after install, instead of success message, give me warning message.here is my config.xml:

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">    <!-- <Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="no" AcceptEula="no" /> -->          <!-- <USERNAME Value="username" /> -->        <!-- <COMPANYNAME Value="mycompany" /> -->        <!-- <INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" /> -->    </Configuration>

where is the problem?

Thanks.

If you want it Silent then you need to REMOVE the remarks from the Display Level at first line to make it silent , here is my xml that I did a year ago that works in silent mode then activates with a batch calling up the kms..DP :zzz:

<Configuration Product="ProPlus"><!-- OFFICE 2010 SP-1 - SILENT - 02.13.13 -->	<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" /> 		<!-- <Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Professional Plus Setup(*).txt" /> -->        <!-- <PIDKEY Value="BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789B" /> -->	<!-- <USERNAME Value="Customer" /> -->		<!-- <COMPANYNAME Value="MyCompany" /> -->		<!-- <INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" /> -->		<!-- <LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" /> -->		<!-- <LIS SOURCELIST="\\server1\share\Office;\\server2\share\Office" /> -->		<!-- <DistributionPoint Location="\\server\share\Office" /> -->		<!-- <OptionState Id="OptionID" State="absent" Children="force" /> -->	<!-- <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953366/> -->             <Setting Id="SETUP_REBOOT" Value="Never" />			<!-- <Command Path="%windir%\system32\msiexec.exe" Args="/i \\server\share\my.msi" QuietArg="/q" ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" /> --></Configuration>

@DosProbie, Am I correct that all lines that have the Remark marks, ie <!-- whatever -->, will not be executed, as if they are not there at all? So the only reason you leave them there is for convenience? If you need to make any changes, you don't need to remember the format of the various command lines, just remove the Remark marks and fill in the "blanks". In your case, your effective config.xml could be rewritten as:

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">	<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" /> 	        <Setting Id="SETUP_REBOOT" Value="Never" />		</Configuration>

since those are the only lines that will actually be used. If I have that right, then the OP's problem is that his config.xml was really "empty" and might as well have not even been there. Do I understand how that works, or am I missing something?

Cheers and Regards

@DosProbie, Am I correct that all lines that have the Remark marks, ie <!-- whatever -->, will not be executed, as if they are not there at all? So the only reason you leave them there is for convenience? If you need to make any changes, you don't need to remember the format of the various command lines, just remove the Remark marks and fill in the "blanks". In your case, your effective config.xml could be rewritten as:

<Configuration Product="ProPlus">	<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" /> 	        <Setting Id="SETUP_REBOOT" Value="Never" />		</Configuration>

since those are the only lines that will actually be used. If I have that right, then the OP's problem is that his config.xml was really "empty" and might as well have not even been there. Do I understand how that works, or am I missing something?

Cheers and Regards

Should have explained it better but you are correct the remark or comments can be used with opening and closing tags "<!--code -->" to remove the specified line code or add comments to it, and since the OP has code tags on EVERYLINE of the office config.xml then office does not even see or use it during the installation, also even on the first line if the OP had left off the code tags it would not have been a SILENT install because SupressModal and Acept Eula are both set to No and not Yes!

DP.. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

if you want Office 2013 to run silent you need to do the following

setup.exe /config locationofconfig/config.xml

i run office 2013 in command prompt from sources/$oem%/apps/Office2013

and run it via install.cmd

here is my example

@echo offmode con cols=67 lines=25title Windows 7cls@echo Windows is now installing additional files...@echo.@echo.for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\sources\install.wim set CDROM=%%i:@echo Installing Microsoft Office 2013 ...Start /wait %cdrom%\sources\$oem$\apps\Office2013\setup\setup.exe /config %cdrom%\sources\$oem$\apps\Office2013\setup\config.xml

remember you need to have $$/setup/scripts/

setupcomplete.cmd with

@echo offfor %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\sources\install.wim set CDROM=%%i:Start /wait %cdrom%\sources\$oem$\install.cmd

i have tested this with all of office 2013 updates included and it works 100%

place the config.xml in the /setup/ folder and /ProPlus.WW/ folder

you must run the command as shown above