bigmuscle

So I don't know if this is a problem with Aero Glass or Start Is Back, but I only get this problem when both are installed on the same machine.

These grey boxes show up around start menu items as well as on the sides of notification area icons. It is not screenshotable so I had to use my phone camera.

final.png

(Keep in mind that it doesn't matter which start menu style you use, the problem remains. I just used the W7 style to show it better)

So I don't know if this is a problem with Aero Glass or Start Is Back, but I only get this problem when both are installed on the same machine.

These grey boxes show up around start menu items as well as on the sides of notification area icons. It is not screenshotable so I had to use my phone camera.

final.png

(Keep in mind that it doesn't matter which start menu style you use, the problem remains. I just used the W7 style to show it better)

It looks normal to me that start menu

MNT: I will check it and then will contact you

VeryCrushed: this happens when some software enables window transparency via layered windows and, unfortunately, nothing cannot be done about this

Notification to new donators.

Since August 1st, some change appeared on my server hosting which I has not been informed about. For this reason, donations since this date has not been properly saved to the database. Please be patient, I'm solving this with the provider and then I will enter the data manually. It just can take some time.

EDIT: Everything should be ok now. If someone still has the problem to login, please let me know.

Edited by bigmuscle

Any suggestions?

Also make sure you carefully go through and understand all the options in the Guide section on the site dhjohns linked-to above.  For example, if you're trying to run it on a laptop, there's a setting for making it work while on battery.

-Noel

Any suggestions?

Also make sure you carefully go through and understand all the options in the Guide section on the site dhjohns linked-to above.  For example, if you're trying to run it on a laptop, there's a setting for making it work while on battery.

-Noel

Exactly, you can also follow simple instructions here.  http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-125/?p=1082816

Latest Mozilla Thunderbird is looking really weird for me, a screenshot of the top window:

tbwindow.png

No glass effect on the right side. I guess it's a program issue?

I tried disabling the plugins/addons, didn't help.

Can someone please provide a solution for this? I am having the same issue. Using "win8rtm.png" gets rid of THIS problem, however is has the ugly, flat red buttons.

Please what do I need to do to get the ncie look wirthout this issue in thunderbird, it really bugs me.

Edit: Win8.1 x64 build 9600 here

Edited by Georg123

Latest Mozilla Thunderbird is looking really weird for me, a screenshot of the top window:

tbwindow.png

No glass effect on the right side. I guess it's a program issue?

I tried disabling the plugins/addons, didn't help.

Can someone please provide a solution for this? I am having the same issue. Using "win8rtm.png" gets rid of THIS problem, however is has the ugly, flat red buttons.

Please what do I need to do to get the ncie look wirthout this issue in thunderbird, it really bugs me.

Edit: Win8.1 x64 build 9600 here

It looks like you using a 3rd party theme. Try using windows 8 default themes and see if problem goes away

I like this program, I donated $20 US on your website.  It allowed me to enter the credit card number via a paypal page and gave me confirmation number and receipt.  I then went to the website it said enter email and password.   Well I entered that then an error comes up saying not in the database.

Edited by zrock

I like this program, I just bought a new Dell laptop and donated $20 US following the directions on your website.  It allowed me to enter the credit card number via a paypal page and gave me confirmation number and receipt.  I then went to the website (I think I was directed there) it said enter email and password.  First I became confused because what password?  The Paypal password?  Well I entered that then an error comes up saying not in the database.

Please help so I can download the full version.  :no:

Password is your post/zipcode you used when you joined up on paypal

Edited by daveo76

daveo76, on 05 Aug 2014 - 7:43 PM, said:

zrock, on 05 Aug 2014 - 6:48 PM, said:

I like this program, I just bought a new Dell laptop and donated $20 US following the directions on your website.  It allowed me to enter the credit card number via a paypal page and gave me confirmation number and receipt.  I then went to the website (I think I was directed there) it said enter email and password.  First I became confused because what password?  The Paypal password?  Well I entered that then an error comes up saying not in the database.

Please help so I can download the full version.  :no:

Password is your post/zipcode you used when you joined up on paypal

Thank you so much daveo76 that did it!  :yes:

Sorry that I missed that, I was trying to do so much and transferring files from the old one that I must have overlooked that.  It's been one of those days.

Now Aero Glass is working great thanks again!  bigmuscle did a great job with Aero Glass! :thumbup