bigmuscle

i found no aerohost process in task sheduler but thanks, cant remove aero glass anymore

check if you have that file c:\windows\dwmglass.dll

check if the reg value "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs" is set to something...

check on taskmanager if you have any aerohost.exe

Edited by intika

intika: if using aerohost.exe from Task Scheduler does not work for you, then generate minidumps (from Task Manager) for aerohost.exe and dwm.exe processes and upload them. I will check where it's stuck.

Hi,

Thanks for the answer

i found a somehow solution

- Copied : "dbghelp.dll + DWMGlass.dll + symsrv.dll + symsrv.yes + license.key + aerohost.exe" To : "C:\Windows"
- Added a task to "C:\Windows\aerohost.exe"
- Started the task and bingo :) every thing is okay and all keys are loaded...
Still can not load the task if it's located to C:\AeroGlass\...
Will post dump later files are about 300 megs
Thanks
Edited by intika

If it is path related, it simply means that there are wrong permissions set on that path. Putting anything into C:\Windows directory is very wrong idea.

Issue solved completely...

Can not really say from where it was coming...

Permission was fine but i deleted and created the Aeroglass folder...

- fist tried with c:\aaa not working

- tried with c:\aa worked (yes it's weird) but that time it downloaded symbols

- i remember i disabled my proxy 10 min ago in ie (proxy need authentication...)

- Putted back every thing to C:\aeroglass... it did not work first time but now it's fine...

i think the problem was related to my proxy authentication and or symbols...

Any way it's working

Thanks

Hello Again...

Feature Request :

ColorizationColor Value manage frame color but also taskbar color, it would be nice if we have a feature "ColorizationColorFrame/ColorizationColorFrameInactive" to manage only frame color and not both taskbar and frame color

Wow, surprise surprise a PA guy wants taskbar colours, lol. Jesus christ I wish W8 was more like linux or android.

i found no aerohost process in task sheduler but thanks, cant remove aero glass anymore

check if the reg value "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs" is set to something...

I found dwmglass.dll in c:windows and i found the reg value DWMGlass.dll, in the taskmanager i dont have process aerohost.exe

i have stopped now any processes with agtweaker

thx for helping

Edited by lexy007

Hello Again...

Feature Request :

ColorizationColor Value manage frame color but also taskbar color, it would be nice if we have a feature "ColorizationColorFrame/ColorizationColorFrameInactive" to manage only frame color and not both taskbar and frame color

Wow, surprise surprise a PA guy wants taskbar colours, lol. Jesus christ I wish W8 was more like linux or android.

hahahahaha :D that's it ^^ all my xdows are so custom they don't look like original at all... but to be honest, win 8.1 is a pain in the a**, too many thing to tweak/hack the only benefit of that system is that's a light one and fast comparing to other versions but we got a lot to do, to make it good and clean comparing to Win 7... AeroGlass/Theme/Disabling Backdoor/Shell/Manual Update... etc. etc... it's like starting from scratch... we could say the same for linux when tweaking, but every thing is intended to be tweaked in linux, it's some how more easy... i was thinking to abandon windows completely when started migrating from 7 to 8... and if you think again about it we don't really have a real alternative to windows, every appliance is done first to be working on windows before linux, it's why i take about a month to setup a win system exactly as i want and keep linux for my servers purpose and as second system... regarding android i don't even think a second about windows mobile lol... may be old windows phone was looking nice but now baaaaa

I love using win 8 because i think crosoft did a good job in cleaning their system to roll back the "big resources eater" systems introduced since vista but don't think they done it to make the system better, it's just to let it run under tablets, even if it's a plus for us PC Users they did not think to us when they make the system cleaner it's all about money, with today technology we could come with an amazing never seen system but every one is still developing crap based on past mistakes, always adding layers on top of old bad layers... something have to be done from scratch with an engineer intelligent base, that include every important thing at it base, like security, optimum usage of resources etc. when we think about it we are still using sixties system, it's just patched and layered nothing new... this last 10 years hacking, 0 days exploit, etc is growing like never seen.

but all this is make in purpose because big brother is watching us and because we live in a consumer society where the money is the rule... i think we are wrong, because efficient system will make more profit especially today

but i have hope in current technology, when you see for example company like samsung they are pushing other to go further with most top technology without keeping best tech for future like other company do, i could also put google as an example, but they do more bad than good even if they look for top advanced services... starting from an angel more google grow more they are become an evil, i still remember many years ago when started using google, when it was not known, it was like WAW any thing is there lol i was sure they will be first sooner... but today i think we have to think network in different side, security is too important, tomorrow we will need it for sure... switched to duckduckgo 1 month ago lol :P

things are changing hope it will go the good way, and am excited to see what it will be ^^

any way want to talk a bit lol :P

hahaha sorry long message

Hello Again...

Feature Request :

Have the feature with startisback but as i use many screens other tasks bar provided by third party application are still picking color from ColorizationColor it's why i think it will be nice to just inject other color value to dwm by bypassing ColorizationColor value for frame function...

Will see what bigmuscle think about it

Thanks

I found dwmglass.dll in c:windows and i found the reg value DWMGlass.dll, in the taskmanager i dont have process aerohost.exe

i have stopped now any processes with agtweaker

thx for helping

AGTweaker.exe is depreciated you should not use it at all

To clean your system just remove DWMGlass.dll from reg value AppInit_DLLs

Delete C:\AeroGlass Folder

Delete C:\Windows\AeroGlass.dll + dbghelp.dll + symsrv.dll + symsrv.yes

if any ...

reboot and you are done :)

if you want to put back Aeroglass, use installer, other way are depreciated

Installer will add sheduled task for aerohost.exe ;) and aerohost.exe will do the magic ;)

Thats it ;)

Just something ironic. Weren't there claims that Microsoft removed Aero from win8 to free up resources?

If you look at the results in a recent tom's hardware article here, the result seems to be quite the opposite...

Interesting observation, Win8 window management looks light and features are removed yet it seems to consume more memory, weird.

Edited by shelter