sharing internet connection

sven

i share a 56k over 3 computers.

but one uses chat and email check

other surfs the web etc.

other (which is normally me) do all kinds of stuff.

if they're not all using it all the time like if they're not thinking about playing games all at the same time or something I think it could be done....

ill tell you what the computers do. 1 will always be used playing internet games, thats all my brother does. one will be used by my other brother, searching on ebay for phones and crap. and mine will be running kazaa. then there's the web server, and a fifth one that might be used by my mom. if those internet games download extremely slow, im gonna get annoyed by my brother.

its sorta a hard choice, it was working before, but that was when there was just 2 computers. one just surfing the net, and a second one chatting. now, it gets more complicated

holly :D a webserver, an angry gamer brother, phones, kazaa :rolleyes::)

I think u better convince your parents to get a faster connection

how much u pay for the isdn anyways? dsl or cable are not that expensive.. I used to pay 29.95 for 1.5m/768k for verizon. still better than dsl.

u said isdn so its 128kbit well i'm sure he already feels some lags in the games and if u were to open up kazaa and say 5 ppl accessed the webserver u're doomed :D

your brother wont want to be playing games online while you are downloading on one machine.

to give you an idea, the network i look after at work has 112 computers on a 512/512mb line! yes the thing is a joke and slows down at times (well all the time!), it will be upgraded to 2mb/2mb soon, still even thats a bit lacking IMO. Not that it gets used for web surfing or downloading... just network (inc. external networks) sharing and email, still lacking tho.

These guys are right!!! get DSL.......

I play America's Army alot! and my son and I play in the same servers, I have a 576kbps link and just as a test I ran Bearshare...... Whoa..... LAG city.... I would hate to hear what your brother has to say. :)

I play America's Army alot! and my son and I play in the same servers, I have a 576kbps link and just as a test I ran Bearshare...... Whoa..... LAG city.... I would hate to hear what your brother has to say.  :)

i have dsl now, but my mother want to downgrade. she hates the internet for some reason

I play America's Army alot! and my son and I play in the same servers, I have a 576kbps link and just as a test I ran Bearshare...... Whoa..... LAG city.... I would hate to hear what your brother has to say. :)

i have dsl now, but my mother want to downgrade. she hates the internet for some reason

Mwahahahaha sven! You can always come over to my house! :D Poor guy...

I have a 2.5 megabit connection! :rolleyes:

sven, convince your mother to stay with the connection you had before... I can't live without a connection less than 1 megabit! :D