Bizzare display driver bug

vipejc

I have an AMD X1650 AGP video card. The card works and the driver is mostly stable. The display driver crashes XP in only two situations I know of:

1. While watching YouTube videos in 720p or higher.

2. And this is the bizzare one... When using my mouse's scroll wheel on a particular site, if I randomly scroll up or down too much. (This is the only site that has this problem. And I always use my scroll wheel on other sites in the same way and much more often, and the display driver has never crashed.

I have the latest display driver, and I doubt the previous version of the display driver will fix it. The problem seems to be an intermittent display driver bug that causes a kernel-mode fault. The OS then either freezes for a few seconds before turning to a black screen, or the display driver gets corrupted showing many interlaced white and black lines for a few seconds, and then turns to a black screen. I then have to press the reset button on the tower to set the system straight again. XP never generates a mini-dump or event error after either crash.

Has anybody ever experienced such a bizzare video card driver bug?

Edited by vipejc