Virtual PC Can't Boot From CDROM

notooth

Im not positive but I don't think Virtual PC allows unix/linux installs although it says it can.

I tried it out for a while, but none of my linux installs would work.

Get VMWare and you wont have any probs.. :)

Thank you all for your replies. I have just installed VMWare on my laptop, and it works well with Solaris 10 :) . However, I have a new proplem: Solaris does not recognize the display adapter. The display adapter on my laptop is ATI RADEON IGP 345M. Do you have any idea to fix the problem?

I have a new proplem: Solaris does not recognize the display adapter

VMware emulates an S3 Trio video card, so that is what you must install drivers for. The guest OS cannot see your real hardware, only what is emulated in the virtual machine.

hi ... i just learning here so i hope this is not to lame of an extention on the topic ...

i have installed virtual pc v5 on my PC xp and tried to install another win 98 os on a virtual pc but as soon as i get (A:) from start up disk/disks i have tried a few .... i cant change drives to the win 98 cd ? I can make an iso as well but it just wont start the set up ... and reading on it would be great help

I have tried this on 2 different physical pcs now and the same thing ... as well as the web help feature is not working. Is there something i am doing wrong as i have tried all help filez and it says change drives cd rom d:,e: f: and even ej: like the typo in the readme > type setup ???? it will only find a: or c:

hope someone can shoot me straight here and i dont mind if a few jokes come my way if its a simple one

:)