Applying "CURRENT_USER" reg tweaks to all users?

There are a lot of Reg tweaks that I use for my XP unattended install -- some of which I found right here, thanks guys! :rolleyes:

But many of them are the "CURRENT_USER" variety, such as unlocking the taskbar, changing the power settings, etc. So if I run them during the installation, the tweaks are all applied to the local administrator account, naturally. But is there any way that I can make them apply to all users?

The only option I can think of is listing them all in a .reg file and storing it in the WINNT folder. Then, when the user logs on and I set them up (printers, e-mail, and so on), I just run that .reg file and apply all those changes. Not a terrible solution, but I'd like something even easier. :)

Thanks!!!

as described in unattended.msfn.org execute your regfile via cmdlines.txt as this is the only possibility to apply hkey_current_user settings to all created users after this point of the installation.

for further information check the official guide

I've been thinking of testing XPlode's registry execution capabilities as running under a different user... will get back to you all on that. Might make a standalone app for people that don't want to use XPlode... if it works.

• 3 years later...

You could also load the Default User NTUSER.DAT file like I did below to the "HKEY_USERS\.Default_User" location or any location you choose and run your HKCU registry tweaks to that location along with the HKCU. My regtweaks.cmd file below makes a backup of the DAT file then loads the DAT and runs the regtweaks.reg file. Lastly you unload the DAT file.

regtweaks.cmd

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\cmdow.exe @ /HID
@echo off

attrib -H "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\Default User\NTUSER.DAT"
copy "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\Default User\NTUSER.DAT" "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\Default User\NTUSER.DAT.BAK"
attrib +H "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\Default User\NTUSER.DAT"
attrib +H "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\Default User\NTUSER.DAT.BAK"

REG LOAD HKEY_USERS\.Default_User "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\Default User\NTUSER.DAT"
REGEDIT /S %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\regtweaks.reg
REG UNLOAD HKEY_USERS\.Default_User

EXIT