PartitionMagic in Server 2003?

Chem

Right,

PartitionExpert doesn't support dynamic drives, but I guess none of the third party partition-programms really could, since dynamic drives can be combined and split any which way, without having to worry about the physical partitions.

So I guess the only true option is to start all over and make sure this time I get my partitions right from the very first instance and not using dynamic drives, so I can use PartitionExpert at a later stage if that proves to be necessary.

th@nx for your replies :)

• 4 years later...

• 2 years later...

Actually there aren't many free partition programs for a server version of Windows.

gParted might be O.K. for most people but forget about it if your hard disk is connected to an external PCI/PCI-E controller. I tried using it with my LSI Logic PCI-E SAS controller and it couldn't even find any drives connected to it.

Actually there aren't many free partition programs for a server version of Windows.

If you want to get technical, technically Windows Server 2003 originally came with diskpar, and later diskpart which is "free" as long as you buy the OS. :sneaky: