Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

DonSextillo - I think you're being very unfair here. If BigMuscle was only interested in collecting money he'd have fixed the donation problem a long time ago. There must be something else that's holding this up.

I've been a software developer for about 20 years. If you've ever developed software yourself, you'll know that, just occasionally, you get situations where everything looks right but the product doesn't work for some strange reason. Those are always the hardest problems to solve because there's no obvious reason for them. I suspect that BigMuscle's donation issue is one of these.

BigMuscle - check out http://www.fastspring.com/ - it's a great service for developers who sell low value software in small quantities. They provide payment resources that you can add to your web site. Fastspring collects the payments and sends them to you twice a month. The only drawback is that they only send you the payments once they reach at least $25 - but that''s not an issue in most cases. I've used Fastspring for about 3 years now and I've never had a problem with them.

[Edit...] I don't know if it's something at my end - but why are there random words in peoples' posts pointing to adverts??? I've never noticed that on any other forum. Note to MSFN administrators:- if this is a feature of your web forum, it's intensely irritating!!!

Edited by johne53

He never answered my question.

If I know the solution, I'm trying to help to anyone as much as possible. But excuse me, I won't reply to users who spend their time by registering into the forum and they still around demand for something which has been covered milliontimes here.

He never answered my question.

If I know the solution, I'm trying to help to anyone as much as possible. But excuse me, I won't reply to users who spend their time by registering into the forum and they still around demand for something which has been covered milliontimes here.

Well, perhaps people should start using Windows Blinds instead of your product since Stardock doesnt get tired of answering question.

And simply to ignore a question because it has been asked before is not professional. At least you could have pointed me to the solution.

That's what I am saying from the beginning - if someone does not like my work he should use different solution.

The problem is not ignoring question or asking something which has already been asked. The problem is that the same questions appear in almost every second post here.

But ok, simple pointing you: There is search box at the left top of this page. Write "Glow", select "This topic" and you will get tons of answers.

That's what I am saying from the beginning - if someone does not like my work he should use different solution.

The problem is not ignoring question or asking something which has already been asked. The problem is that the same questions appear in almost every second post here.

But ok, simple pointing you: There is search box at the left top of this page. Write "Glow", select "This topic" and you will get tons of answers.

Arrogant to users who donated to you. Very nice.

In general, not just for this topic but for all topics on this forum, we are here to help you, not do it for you. Tell us where you have searched, what you found, what you have done, what results you got, what results you expected, and we'll go from there. If you are not willing to do any searching for yourself, then ... :)

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

In general, not just for this topic but for all topics on this forum, we are here to help you, not do it for you. Tell us where you have searched, what you found, what you have done, what results you got, what results you expected, and we'll go from there. If you are not willing to do any searching for yourself, then ... :)

Cheers and Regards

Before asking I did already the search. I am not stupid and this is not the only forum im a member. The search showed me about 20 posts, not more. The answer I am looking for was not in it.

THe only thing I am asking is the location or file I need to edit to activate the glow effect on the title on explorer windows.

I am by no means an expert on this since I don't use Win8 and have no plans to do so, so take this with a HUGE grain of salt, and I could be wrong, but from what I understand from reading is the glow effect is not a direct function of Aero Glass, but is defined by the theme files and/or templates, usually provided as a png file. Aero Glass just enables their use. You'll have to search for those files. DosProbie or NoelC might be likely folks to ask for help. Good luck.

Cheers and Regards

Then there must be two different spaces but if I write "glow" in the searchbox and select "This topic" and ignore the last stuff from you then the only results I got are the discussion about glow in explorer window :unsure:

Hello,

After I reinstalled Windows 8.1 and Glass8 last week the blur effect is present only in windows but not in taskbar. If I recall correctly it was working before I formatted.

This is a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/Fay8Lst.png

and this is the log i get after enabling logging.

http://pastebin.com/5iU0Hgc7

I don't have any customization tool installed except glass8.

Thanks for your work and patience :)

Mr BigMuscle, I hope you reply to my PM soon, I am getting an un-warranted donation pop-up error AND an additional error on my second machine with the second license key. You mentioned that you need one week to reply, it's been more like ten days without a peep. Thanks, AP1756

When I am finsihed, I will send you a new key. Btw, have you ever used VMWare - just for case to detect the possible reason.. ?

OK with machine #1. My problem remains with machine #2, where the pop-up displays and the debug.log remains empty despite the correct key in the aeroglass folder.

You should be able to generate a new key now for 44VCF5LKI4D4O..etc.etc. key.

Thanks. That solves machine #1. Machine #2 (win 8x64) remains unsolved - empty debug.log, donation pop-up, correct key in aeroglass folder, glass8 working!

Edited by ap1756

Sup, I've just found this software and want to activate it to get rid of this watermark on the bottom right of my screen. How do I do so? on the official website it says my computer wasnt found or something (when i put my computer id code thingy in and so on)

help?

unsolved - empty debug.log, donation pop-up, correct key in aeroglass folder, glass8 working!

I'm afraid that I cannot help you in this situation, because it seems that the problem lies far away from scope of Aero Glass.