Installing Windows XP any SP

Reginaldedit

Hi,

I am trying to build a simple Windows XP Pro 32bit installer for a CD-less device I have tried building the image from 3 different original XP disks - SP1, SP2 & SP3, (I am using rufus to create bootable USB sticks with an nLite ISO) even with all features enabled when I attempt to install Windows it thinks it is an upgrade version and fails becasue there is no old OS to upgrade from, unfortunately even if there is an old OS it wants to delete the partition and still fails. Anyone had this problem? Got any ideas?

PS the disks are not upgrade versions, I have used each of them before without issue.

Thanks

Destination PC is Ebox 3310, HD is 2Gb SD Card, Rufus Version1.3.2, nLite Version1.4.9.1 - Not sure what else I can elaborate on - Please tell me what else to include.

Thanks for replying anyway Sub :)

To hopefully clarify, Rufus is a nice, newish tool that by design uses a (slightly) different method to install an XP from USB (different from the "more established" various methods listed in the forum section cdob pointed you to).

This choice of the Rufus developer is very good (as it provides yet another way) but it is seemingly "less universal" than other available solutions, each of which may anyway fail at "queer" BIOSes or with particular sources.

If you want to report the issue to the developer, the UNofficial support board for Rufus is reboot.pro, here:

there is already a "known case" of an user having a similar issue with Rufus (on a Gigabyte motherboard), it is very possible that your Ebox suffers from the same or similar problem.

jaclaz

• 2 months later...