Help me detect what kind of BCD

Hi Everybody

I attached some files, the one is BCD File and the one is Bootmgr was modified to reference BCD file. But the size of BCD file very small, only 12kb. And as I know, if we need modify bootmgr, We need Zbootmgr.exe, but Zbootmgr.exe creat bootmgr file only reference to a file with name BC0, BC1. But the name of BCD file which I attach is: BPE ( to Boot Win7PE.WIM). So I think this Bootmgr which I attach was modified by another software. But I don't know the name of the software and I hope somebody will help me

Thanks so much :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Attachments.rar

What do you like to accomplish?

Ask in more general way?

Don't you use grub4dos already?

Use a default bootmgr file and edit file in RAM.

Which bootmgr do you use by default?

title Windows 7 setup \\boot\\bc1
#use configfile \boot\bc1
#based on JFX http://sanbarrow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1807
#Bcdedit.exe /store \boot\bc1 /set {bootmgr} nointegritychecks 1
#use a non default directory at USB drive
set bootmgr=/boot/bootmgr

find --set-root --devices=h %bootmgr%
map --mem %bootmgr% (rd)
#ignore 16-Bit Stub checksum
cat --hex --locate=\x74\x3\xE9\x8\x0\x39\x56 --replace=\xEB\x8\xE9\x8\x0\x39\x56 (rd)+1
#half broken approach, works by chance at:
#Vista SP0, SP1, SP2 and Windows 7 beta 7000, RC 7100, SP0, SP1
#change chars CD from file name BCD # #
cat --hex --skip=0x48000 --length=0x18000 --number=1 --locate=C\x00D --replace=C\x001 (rd)+1
chainloader (rd)+1
root ()

@cdob.

I want to load multi Wim file by bootmgr. And I want modify bootmgr to reference BCD file.

Grub4dos >> chainloader /bootmgr1. bootmgr1>>>>BC1 and BC1 >>>>Boot1.Wim .....

To do this, I used zbootmgr, but zbootmgr.exe make bootmgr file required the name of BCD file is BC1, BC2 or BC3, .... I want to rename BC1 >> BPE (Boot win 7 PE) and rename BC2 >> BEA (Boot EASEUSPartitionMaster.Wim). However if I rename BC1, BC2 >> BPE, BEA, the wim file cann't be load. So I want to hexedit or modify bootmgr by another software to reference BCD with any name I want (of course it has 3 characters).

Please help me. Thanks

So I want to hexedit or modify bootmgr by another software to reference BCD with any name I want (of course it has 3 characters).

What do you think that this lines does EXACTLY? :unsure:

cat --hex --skip=0x48000 --length=0x18000 --number=1 --locate=C\x00D --replace=C\x001 (rd)+1

Try with:

cat --hex --skip=0x48000 --length=0x18000 --number=1 --locate=C\x00D --replace=P\x00E (rd)+1

and:

cat --hex --skip=0x48000 --length=0x18000 --number=1 --locate=C\x00D --replace=E\x00A (rd)+1

Whether it will work or not is another thing.

jaclaz

Many thanks to Cdob and jaclaz. I used hexedit bootmgr successful.

And still I have a question. I using method on this tut

http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-usb-drive-that-will-install-vista-win7-and-server-2008

But I must type CD key when setup Windows 8. I put Ei.cfg on W864 folder to fix it. But I didn't success. So, how do i fix it?

P/s: Here my ei.cfg

[EditionID]

Enterprise

[Channel]

Volume

[VL]

Edited by congnt92

But I must type CD key when setup Windows 8. I put Ei.cfg on W864 folder to fix it. But I didn't success. So, how do i fix it?

I beg your pardon?

What is the "CD key"? :unsure:

jaclaz

I'm sorry for my big mistake. Maybe it's not CD key. But I must be type the key to continuing the installation.

Maybe there is a language issue.

A "key" is a piece of plastic (normally square) that you find on a keyboard and that when pressed sends a hex code to the PC (normally a single character).

I have no keys on my keyboard marked as "CD". :no:

Maybe you mean a command, but then "CD" by itself is not a command (and actually is not a grub4dos command anyway).

Try re-describing in different words BUT EXACTLY what happens and what actions you need to perform to continue the installation, right now your report sounds like:

I have to barbregild the crontiress, feliddly, of course.

:w00t:

I.e. non-english, non-sense.

jaclaz

Maybe there is a language issue.

jaclaz

That's true. Please excuse me for my poor English. When I setup windows 8, I need a key to continue the installation. If I don't enter the key, "next" buton is hided and I can't press Next buton. So how do pass step enter key to setup windows 8. I tried to pass this step by Ei.cfg file but I didn't not success.

When I setup windows 8, I need a key to continue the installation. If I don't enter the key, "next" buton is hided and I can't press Next buton. So how do pass step enter key to setup windows 8.

Boot with 7 / 8 / 7PE and use WinNTSetup2.exe to Install Windows 8 using mounted Win 8 Setup ISO file.

That works OK !

:)

Edited by wimb

I'm sorry but seem you don't understand my problem.

My problem in here :yes:

windows-8-setup-product-key.jpg

As you see, if we don't type the product key, the installation can't continuting. So, how do fix it? ;)

Well, now that we cleared the language issue, just for the record "you are requested to input the Product key", it all makes sense :thumbup .

Any "normal" install will "normally" ask for a product key (no matter from what device you start the install).

You may want/need to use an "unattended" or "partially unattended" setup, basically you write the Product Key (and possibly other "standard settiings") into a configuration file that is automatically processed by the setup.

Start here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/176-unattended-windows-8server-2012/

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Ah, I'm will read now. And I want to hexedit bootmgr windows 8. It's similar to in hexedit bootmgr windows 7 ? So, I must change value on offset 0x54696,... That's right?

IAs you see, if we don't type the product key, the installation can't continuting. So, how do fix it? ;)

Use WinNTSetup2_x86.exe and you will see that you can Skip that step ....

But you did not try .....

:)

Edited by wimb

thanks wimb but I want to creat usb setup both of windows 8 and windows 7. And I want to moditfy bootmgr >> BCD >> boot1.wim >> W732bit\Install.wim. I hexedit bootmgr windows 7 successful. But bootmgr windows 8 seem difference. Can I hex edit bootmgr windows 8, too ?