Windows 7 screwed up partition letters

sdt

the partition details of my drive are attached.

it is a single 500 gb disk..

as you can see c: is set as boot,pagefile,crash dump,primary

and a partition is called Stuff it is set as System,Active

now the problem is that

1) how can i shift system and active to c: ?

2) why didnt windows 7 assign a drive letter to partition called stuff during installation?

and why is it hidden??

also when i was re installing xp its setup showed.. c: as f: and now i cant even go back to xp.

can someone help?

So far using easybcd the active partition is now c: however

the system partition is still being shown as stuff partition, how can this be moved to c:?

post-376806-0-72931700-1365880996_thumb.

That 100mb Partition is installed by default and must remain unless you do some fancy shuffling -

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd548341.aspx

Created as a system reserved partition (Windows 7 Ultimate / Business / Enterprise) for Windows 7 Bitlocker.

There ARE hacks to cause it to NOT be installed and even to rid yourself of it. Google

windows 7 100mb partition

Yous screwed around with EasyBCD before we had a chance to see how you INITIALLY were installed so there's no chance of knowing what you messed up.

"Stuff" is designated (rightly) as System/Active/Primary since you BOOT (rightly) from the "Reserved" C-Drive (Boot/Page/Crash/Primary).

You shouldn't have screwed with EasyBCD before you knew what you had. ALSO you can NOT easily install XP -AFTER- Windows7, nor more than you can easily install Win98SE -AFTER- WindowsXP. Wrong order. ;)

WTH is "MULTISYSTEM" (Active/Primary)?

That 100mb Partition is installed by default and must remain unless you do some fancy shuffling -

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd548341.aspx

Created as a system reserved partition (Windows 7 Ultimate / Business / Enterprise) for Windows 7 Bitlocker.

There ARE hacks to cause it to NOT be installed and even to rid yourself of it. Google

windows 7 100mb partition

Yous screwed around with EasyBCD before we had a chance to see how you INITIALLY were installed so there's no chance of knowing what you messed up.

"Stuff" is designated (rightly) as System/Active/Primary since you BOOT (rightly) from the "Reserved" C-Drive (Boot/Page/Crash/Primary).

You shouldn't have screwed with EasyBCD before you knew what you had. ALSO you can NOT easily install XP -AFTER- Windows7, nor more than you can easily install Win98SE -AFTER- WindowsXP. Wrong order. ;)

WTH is "MULTISYSTEM" (Active/Primary)?

the attached pic shows exactly how it looked prior to using bcd.

think Stuff is being used as that 100 mb partition since that is not separately present.

this is a fresh install of windows i can reinstall it if required.

multisystem is a usb pendrive.

if reinstall can be avoided that will be great otherwise ill do it.. to create a separate 100 mb partition for system to locate itself on instead of using stuff partition for it.

sdt

it is not at all clear:

1. HOW the disk was setup BEFORE you started fiddling with it
  2. WHAT exactly you did
  3. HOW it is setup now

Everything (or nearly everything) is possible, but you need to provide some more info, a lousy screenshot of disk management is not enough, which partitions are primary, which ones are logical volumes inside extended, what is inside each volume (they seem mostly filled up) etc., etc.

Also some "history" of the disk and/or system might be needed, the 100 Mb partition is created by the Windows 7 install ONLY if it is initiated on a "not initialized" disk.

jaclaz

1 - the attached pic shows exactly how it looked prior to using bcd. think Stuff is being used as that 100 mb partition since that is not separately present.

2 - this is a fresh install of windows i can reinstall it if required.

3 - multisystem is a usb pendrive.

4 - if reinstall can be avoided that will be great otherwise ill do it..

5 - to create a separate 100 mb partition for system to locate itself on instead of using stuff partition for it.

1 - IMPOSSIBLE because the 100mb partition is HIDDEN and would NOT have assigned a Drive letter. "STUFF" would have been the C-Drive. That's obvious based upon the Disk Manager snapshot you gave.

2 - "Not so fresh" Install if you had preexisting partitions. Generally a "clean" install starts with no partitions.

3 - There's an "implication" that you installed from THAT PEN DRIVE!

4 - What do you mean by that?

5 - Your sentences/thoughts are badly running together (see #3 / #4) so I have no clue what you mean.

1 - the attached pic shows exactly how it looked prior to using bcd. think Stuff is being used as that 100 mb partition since that is not separately present.

2 - this is a fresh install of windows i can reinstall it if required.

3 - multisystem is a usb pendrive.

4 - if reinstall can be avoided that will be great otherwise ill do it..

5 - to create a separate 100 mb partition for system to locate itself on instead of using stuff partition for it.

1 - IMPOSSIBLE because the 100mb partition is HIDDEN and would NOT have assigned a Drive letter. "STUFF" would have been the C-Drive. That's obvious based upon the Disk Manager snapshot you gave.

2 - "Not so fresh" Install if you had preexisting partitions. Generally a "clean" install starts with no partitions.

3 - There's an "implication" that you installed from THAT PEN DRIVE!

4 - What do you mean by that?

5 - Your sentences/thoughts are badly running together (see #3 / #4) so I have no clue what you mean.

1. that is why stuff partition was hidden and not assigned a drive letter.

2. formating and reinstalling is fresh enough for some

3. yes i did. i didnt know it was a crime

4. if i have to format it is ok for me to do it. i have the time for it.

5. multisystem is the label of the pendrive. i can reformat if its required. whats so difficult to understand. because you said stuff could not be acting as the hidden partition you did not understand point no. 5

the matter has been resolved though.

Edited by sdt

sdt

it is not at all clear:

1. HOW the disk was setup BEFORE you started fiddling with it
  2. WHAT exactly you did
  3. HOW it is setup now

Everything (or nearly everything) is possible, but you need to provide some more info, a lousy screenshot of disk management is not enough, which partitions are primary, which ones are logical volumes inside extended, what is inside each volume (they seem mostly filled up) etc., etc.

Also some "history" of the disk and/or system might be needed, the 100 Mb partition is created by the Windows 7 install ONLY if it is initiated on a "not initialized" disk.

jaclaz

well i appreciate you stopping by the matter is resolved.