mouse acting weird

piaqt

My mouse sometime stops responding altogether, for no apparent reason. Yes, I've cleaned it. Un- and re-plugging it in correct this, but...

Then there's the opposite: Sometimes I get right-clicks that I didn't do, things opening & closing, ditto, etc.

Sounds like what Chris did to his boss's laptop, but if so, I can't find the culprit.

Maybe I just need a new mouse. Any ideas?

One other suggestion - not about the not responding, but the odd 'right-clicks'. If you are running Office XP, it installs by default some crappy voice recognition app. If installed, your microphone can pick up odd sounds here and there and try to obey commands - usually looks like right-clicks, or menus opening even though you didn't click on them etc. Absolutely must un-install. I don't want to talk to a stupid computer anyway - even if it could understand me correctly.:)

LS

I don't want to talk to a stupid computer anyway - even if it could understand me correctly.:rolleyes:

LS [/quote:8e85a4714a]

Neither do I -- because by the time I'm talking to the **** thing, I don't want it to learn that kind of language! :)

If you have scanned for Trojans pia and didnt you system came up clean. Then maybe try a different mouse for a while before you go and buy another one. Are you running your current one off usb or ps/2. My Logitech optical stops after a while when I run it under xp using usb. I used to have to unplug it and then plug it back in to get to respond. In the end I just put it on a ps/2 adapter and it runs flawlessly