what not to remove, so that the autopatcher runs?

KapnJackSparrow

I used the following installation with a service pack 3 installation disk, and the autopatcher will never load ?

what not to remove, so that the autopatcher runs?

bootvis also will not load any trace logs, I am aware that it requires the task scheduler to load at bootup but what happens in my case is that the program shuts down when the trace log is loaded. any suggestions?

Last Session.ini

that is a good point. anyway I have gotten the autopatcher working :P don't ask me how....

bootvis still doesn't work.

I am new to nlite a few days ago it was not working at all (I suspect this was due to some incompatibility with running nlite under windows xp-x64) , so I am playing with the installation taking out as much as I can without causing problems and the main reason I want to be able to run the autopatcher is that should I encounter a problem at some future date and need to install an update. I want to ensure that I am still able to do so.

1. You worked with very old version of .net framework (without service pack). While it's not a requirement, newer version might work better.

2. Maybe Defragmenter is needed for Bootvis (you removed it).

3. I think WMI is also needed for Bootvis (you did not remove it, but maybe you disabled the service).

4. Check your prefetching (the registry value EnablePrefetcher). If I read Nlite's Last Session correctly, you enabled only boot prefetching. Maybe boot+program prefetching is needed for Bootvis. This can be easily corrected now.

* edit : maybe this can help.

GL

Edited by GrofLuigi

1) I updated .net Framework almost right after installation. I am running 2, 3.0 , 3.5 , 4.0 so that's not the issue.

2) possibly I really didn't think of that.. that would be dumb since I am only trying to "view" the logs but I will test it out.

3) WMI is running, and all of those services are running, I didn't know black viper had a page on that topic thank you :)

4) fixed the registry setting, thanks I will see if that has any effect.

thanks for the help :)