Win2k System_License_Violation

I started my computer up today and got one of these glad tidings. Windows 2000 was starting up and just before it finished, I get a blue screen of death saying system license violation. No matter what I did, I couldn't get passed that. Google didn't help much either. The only change I made to the computer was I installed the latest version of Malware Bytes and did a full scan which it didn't even find anything wrong with the C:\ drive. All I know is when I was about to turn my system off, it started lagging so bad that I just turned it off with the power switch, I boot it up today and that's what I got. I want to reinstall 2000 but I hate to think I'll be getting this again and lose some of my data which I ended up doing. I got most of my stuff but not all of it. So I tried an emergency repair and that didn't work either. So, does anyone have any idea what causes this. I know I got this once before and I don't know if it was after I install MB or what, I can't remember. But why would 2000 be spitting out such a rediculous error? How can you be violating your license, it doesn't even make sense. I could see this happening with XP+, but not really with 2000. Any suggestions on this will be appreciated greatly.

@tomasz86: I tried safe mode, it just spit out the same error. I even tried last known good configuration to no avail.

@blackwingcat: I didn't try that but I didn't make any registry edits concerning the CPU either, the only thing I did was installed MalwareBytes, other than that, everything was the same as before.

@UltimateSilence: I will check that out, but if that is the case, I'll just stay away from MalwareBytes. I have other cleanup programs that work fine but I installed it just to see how if it would find anything my other programs didn't.

@Browncoat: They want you to shell out $200+ for their precious operating systems every few years. I love Win2000 and I'm not leaving it. They can have their fancy Windows 7 and 8....don't even get me started on 8. I hate it and always will.

Hi.

Plz try the following way.

1. Boot Recovery Console or boot from Other partition.

cd %systemRoot%\system32

copy system system.bak

copy %systemRoot%\Repair\system system

3. Reboot PC.

4. Whenever You can restore with copy from system.bak to system

@blackwingcat: I didn't try that but I didn't make any registry edits concerning the CPU either, the only thing I did was installed MalwareBytes, other than that, everything was the same as before.

Hi blackwingcat, I'll have to try that out if this happens again. I have completely wiped my system and started over so my problem is gone. However, if I do have it happen again, I will try that method, thanks.