Making Changes to WinPE Boot Disc

crowe80

Ok so I'm probably going to have a lot of questions starting out here, but I have my image out on a shared network and I can get to it and put an image on a PC now. My next question is, say I need to add a new LAN driver or some kind of script to my windows PE disc because there was an update. What is the easiest way to work with what I currently have on my winPE disc? What do I need to do in the deployment tools to break my disc back down to add updates and then mount it again without starting completely over from scratch? Thanks in advance, this forum has been awesome so far with your help!! The documentation I have is not real clear at times.

What is the easiest way to work with what I currently have on my winPE disc?

How are members of the board supposed to know (first two missing pieces of info among, many, many more):

1. WHICH version of PE you are using?
  2. WHAT EXACTLY you have currently in your WinPE disc (which I presume is actually a .iso image since it is "on the network")?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/problem-report-standard-litany.html

jaclaz

If you have made this WinPE disc, you should still have the boot.wim in the winpe_x86 folder that you used WAIK to create. You can mount that with DISM and add drivers. Read the WinPE .chm from the WAIK menu in the Start Menu to find DISM's servicing commands, or they can be found on TechNet as well.