Gta 3

sedative

its a great game u should continue getting it :)

the gfx are crappy but the game is quite fun and enjoable to play which makes a nice change.

im not sure if it stutters on my machine because i only have 256mb of ram or if it has memory leakes i would go with the later considering it mysteriously crashs on some peoples comps.

going by the poll on the GTA3 site almost as many people have major problems running the game as those who run it ok, and another 10% cant even run the game at all

Does GTA3 work without problems on your PC?

Yes, It Works Fine!

Yes, But With Minor Problems

Playable, But With Major Problems

No, It Doesn't Work At All

I Can't Get It To Install

I'm Still Waiting For GTA3:PC

so in summary:

users with problems = 3440

users without problems = 1602

and they are blaming end users??? hmmm

this might help you out drew, and for people who dont have a dirty nvidia card just ignore the drivers bit

Orignally Posted by RainWind:

This is for that annoying crashing during the game.  Where you're driving and after about 30 seconds or whenever you hit another car / pole the game just dumps you back to your desktop.

Ok, here are my exact steps that I did

1.  Download Detonator 23.11 from Guru 3D.com

2.  Download the NO-CD Patch for GTA III from www.gamecopyworld.com *its under May 22nd, its the first one*

3.  Install Detonator 23.11 *I'm not sure if you have to use this version or not, I haven't tested it any other way yet*

4.  Reboot

5.  Copy all the files from the CD into the GTA III directory.  Pretty much just copy all the MP3s files to the GTA3/Audio Directory.

6.  Copy in the new gta3.exe file from the crack you downloaded in step #2

7.  Run GTA3.exe and it shouldn't even ask you for the CD.  Not only does GTA 3 no longer crash suddenly during gameplay, now you don't have to hear annoying CD spinups or see that stupid light blinking.  

Step 8 is optional

8.  Remind me to disable this stupid onboard audio and go back to my Sb LIVE!.   hehe.  Happy gaming.

it supposedly helps with the second major bug people report... slowdown after about 5 minutes.

I have an P2 450mhz with 400MB RAM, ATI Radeon 7000 64MB SDRAM (0wnz) and i cant get this s***ty game to work, I can start the game but it goes REALLY slow AKA slowmotion. Any sugestions/help? please

sorry to inform you Filer...but Pc100 ram is just plain terrible......you should get yourself some 133 or 150..its faster and very cheep.......

Without it your going to have a extreme bottleneck ...

:)

-Drew