Setting up Windows Server 2008r2

bookie32

Hi again!

OK! another issue...help :wacko:

I actually tried to deploy to a Physical Client and it stops.........

I create my tasks as normal and then boot a client with a clean hard drive and try to deploy an image....

I get to choose x86 or x64 from the menu and the progress bar moves from right to left and when it gets to the end of the screen it hangs?

I have tried this with x86 and x64 and it does exactly the same thing...?

How do I fix this problem?

bookie32

Hi again!

This is getting more and more interesting......I think :wacko:

Well, not content to let that stop me I decided to burn an iso onto a cdrom and try that....now the deployment is actually working?

While I am glad that that is working it begs the question..."Why" Why did the wim hang, but the iso work?

bookie32

@bookie32,

First, I have nothing at all to offer to help you with any of your issues whatsoever. But, I have definitely enjoyed reading about your adventures. I'm sure you will eventually succeed. When you do I hope you have the strength left to document a clear "how to" to help the next person. When you have done it a lot, so many things become automatic that I'm sure there are things that are left out that then make it difficult for the noobie, as you are finding out. Instructions for noobies written by a relative noobie while it is still fresh will be very helpful I'm sure.

Cheers and Regards