[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}]
"NeverShowExt"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\Windows\\explorer.exe,-103"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}\InProcServer32]
@="C:\\Windows\\system32\\sendmail.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}\shellex]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}\shellex\DropHandler]
@="{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}"

Maybe that can help also:

To create the shorcut (send to Desktop): Tested and works.

http://support.micro...kb/191882/en-us

To resolve this issue, create a "Desktop as Shortcut.DESKLINK" file in the SendTo folder. To do so, use the following steps.

1. Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer or Windows NT Explorer.
  2. On the View menu, click Folder Options (or Options). On the View tab, click to clear the Hide file extensions for known file types (or Hide MS-DOS file extensions for file types that are registered) check box, and then click OK.
  3. In Windows 95/98, navigate to the Windows\SendTo folder, and in Windows NT navigate to the Winnt\Profiles\<username>\SendTo folder, where <username> is the name you use to log on to Windows NT.
  4. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Text Document. Type "Desktop as Shortcut.DESKLINK" (without quotation marks), and then press ENTER.
  5. Click Yes, and then quit Windows Explorer or Windows NT Explorer.

1) Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\User\Send To

2) Select File | New | Text document

3) Write: Desktop as Shortcut.DESKLINK (don't use quotes)!!

You can use your language! Example French: Bureau (créer un raccourci).DESKLINK

4) Select Enter and OK

And you will see the new shorcut

http://ss64.com/nt/s...x-services.html

Edited by myselfidem

hi -X- und wb myselfidem (interpretiere ich die Flagge korrekt als Schweiz?)... ok:

-X-, I tried yours - it doesn't work - sorry but thank you also very much

and myselfidem: please let me quote myself:

Allover you can read the Solution: make a new empty file, call it "Sendto Desktop.desklink" or whatever but this doesn't work.

this is the same, just with lesser words (and btw: I also found in my search this ms-support page)

it is really very kind how intense you try to help me. Let me tell you what I tried out in the last hours (and 10 burned CDs) since your posts before:

I installed as test a almost untouched Win (just the AHCI and Chip-driver - sure) - the desklink was there where he should be

than I "touched" softly the Win (not too much) and - bingo - it was gone. I have now about - uff - 30? 40? possibilities, which one is the pain in the a**. Since I found this out, I make Win-Installations with lesser and lesser touchings, till I catch this evil thing. (and yes, every fresh Try is made with the original win from before - I'm not THAT blond :yes: ). This is a better situation than before, because when I checked the Problem I had made heavy "touchings" and thought, I need to check out EVERYTHING (which means 70 or more installations). I'm lucky that I had the problem with the first try, so the possibilities are reduced

But now it is 2:16 am my time and I need to sleep. So thank you all for today but I will answer every new post tomorrow after sleep.

Till then: thank you both for your kindness and patience with me

good night fly out :thumbup

Creatura

In addition to what X and myselfidem wrote, you must copy the file sendmail.dll to %windir%\system32. Restore it from your original CD. You need just sendmail.dll, no other service or application. :w00t:

The component that removed it in nLite is Outlook Express (or something else related to mail, if any - I forgot if there is any other one related to mail).

If you have the three prerequisites (the reg file from X, the dll and the empty file), then it must work.

Finally, you may also try regsvr32 sendmail.dll, but it's the same as X's reg file.

GL

Edited by GrofLuigi

hi GroftLuigi - I didn't remove anything from outlook express (I don't like it but I use it, all other tried mail-clients are much worser than this and so I don't use a good one, but the "lessest bad") and the "Send to email"-thing is there, not disapeared. But however, with the next windows version (right now in work) I will try your hint. This will be maybe in an half an hour or so.

The only "Mail"-Thing I kicked, was "MSMail" but this I kick out since a long time and the problem don't happen.

I will tell here when done. Till then: also to you thank you

Creatura

. . . I can't belive it - I really can't belive it: it is either MS Mail or MSN Explorer (the onliest changings I made in this version: I let them both be)

Installed, desklink is there :realmad:

as far as there are not again Troubles (I now make the Version I really want) - the problem seems to be solved (I really cannot belive this, because I removed this before and the problem was not) :blushing: also I wonder, what the heck this should have to do with *.desklink.

I presume, that it is maybe a combination of some things.

Is it ok, if somebody post the ... solving (correct word?)... upstairs to my first question, so everyone looking for the same problem will read it immediately? including the presume, that it is maybe a combination of different things?

I thank you all so much for your help, your passience and kindness

greetz and thanx fly out to you you brave Helper

Creatura

Hi myselfidem, what for? I didn't removed this time MS Mail and MSN Explorer in section "Network". And NOW when I read the english language there is "Needed for: Sending to Desktop context menu option" WAHA - this is NOT in the german translation :realmad: and I need to use nLite in german because my english is so lousy as you saw in this thread. Also in the english language it is called "MSMail and MAPI" - in german it is only called "MSMail"

:realmad::realmad::realmad:

;-(( boah ey

Ups, it is mentioned there in the german version....sorrysorrysorry :whistle:

Edited by Creatura

You know guy...I speak French and I try to give you some help! I don't understand German and my english isn't so good!

Sure there is something not working and it's needed your Last session.ini to give you help!

My advice is to keep services as default!

Regards