"SendTo Desktop as link" is gone

Creatura

Hi People,

as a lot of users in the internet mentioned, my "Send to Desktop as Link" (or however it is called in english) is gone with the wind.

Allover you can read the Solution: make a new empty file, call it "Sendto Desktop.desklink" or whatever but this doesn't work. So I guess, that this function is depending on s.o.m.e.t.h.i.n.g. else in Windowsenceless, which I removed with nLite - but there is no way to find out WHAT. It is maybe a Service, an application...

Is anybody out there who have a tipp for me? my life is in the moment not very easy because I try to change my new Laptop (Win 7, 64Bit) into an Old Style Win XP Pro, 32Bit-Thing (everything works almost fine after 20 or 25 versions but there is still THIS Problem)

(and please no comments like "why you wanna do so, take Win 7 it is great etc.) I don't want Win 7, end of the story.

I use XP till I die (was a joke, in 2 or 3 years there will be no way around this bastardious thing)

also my Problem doesn't depend on this new machine - I had it a couple of years ago already on an elder machine.

at least: please forgive me my lousy english - I never learned it in school. It is just right enough to express myself a little bit ;-( sorry

greetz fly out to all the nice people out there and especially to Dino how makes this wonderfull Magic nLite

Creatura

You can try to add this reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects]
"PreviewDetails"="prop:System.DateModified;System.Size;System.DateCreated;*System.OfflineAvailability;*System.OfflineStatus;*System.SharedWith"
"PreviewTitle"="prop:System.ItemNameDisplay;System.ItemTypeText"
"FullDetails"="prop:System.PropGroup.FileSystem;System.ItemNameDisplay;System.ItemTypeText;System.ItemFolderPathDisplay;System.Size;System.DateCreated;System.DateModified;System.FileAttributes;*System.OfflineAvailability;*System.OfflineStatus;*System.SharedWith;*System.FileOwner;*System.ComputerName"
"TileInfo"="prop:System.ItemTypeText;System.Size;System.DateModified"
"ExtendedTileInfo"="prop:System.ItemTypeText;System.Size;System.DateModified;System.OfflineAvailability"
"InfoTip"="prop:System.ItemTypeText;System.Size;System.DateModified"
"QuickTip"="prop:System.ItemTypeText;System.Size;System.DateModified"
"ConflictPrompt"="prop:System.ItemTypeText;System.Size;System.DateModified;System.DateCreated"
"SetDefaultsFor"="prop:System.Author;System.Document.DateCreated"
"NoStaticDefaultVerb"=""
"NoRecentDocs"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\CopyAsPathMenu]
@="{f3d06e7c-1e45-4a26-847e-f9fcdee59be0}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\SendTo]
@="{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{474C98EE-CF3D-41f5-80E3-4AAB0AB04301}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{7EFA68C6-086B-43e1-A2D2-55A113531240}]

hi myselfidem,

first of all, thanks for the fast reply.

I will try your reg-thing out (and immediately post the result here) - are you sure you took this reg-key from XP and not from Win 7 as I have read, that you are a win 7 User?

Anyhow it would be great if anybody could tell me, from which application, service, .... whatever... this thing is dependent - so in the next eNlited Win XP I just don't throw this thing out - should be the easiest way

Back in 5 Minutes and tell the result of your Reg-Key

greetz fly out to you and - anyway if it works or not - thanky you for trying it

Creatura

Yes it's a reg file inside Windows 7 and I will check inside Windows XP!

But you can check inside your computer and add only the reg part needed (send to)!

For Windows XP (inside my computer):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To]
@="{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}]
@=""

Restart the computer.

I hope that can help you!

Edited by myselfidem

You can also copy the folder "Send To" inside Default User to your local account!

Copy C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Send To => C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Send To

Unhide files and folders before to see the folders!

hehe sorry but this Default User is already out of my plan - even if this should work it wouldn be a solution for me . since years I clean not only with nLite but also manually EVERYthing out what don't pay the rent . and there is a LOT you can remove without any Problems. nLite is always just Step 1 -than came Step 2: XPlite, than came Step 3: manually and so on - if everything works, I need 3-5 days to make my PC fresh

And surely I have setted, that everything is to see, no files hidden, no extensions hidden, etc. - this is the first thing to do on a fresh made PC :)

erm... why? the folder is there - also the shortcuts are in there (including my Desktio.Desklink-Shortcut) it is just only not to see when I try to use it. All other shortcuts are there (like send to email, send to.. uff how it is called in english... my own documents? also if I plug an external HDD the link appears) the *.desklink thing is there but not to see :realmad:

how do i try... erm... I rightclick on any file and click [send to] and look what appears - how else I should try it? This is the onliest way i know how to find out and this is as far as I know the daily routine to use this thing - ...

greetz

wow, what a cool site but it will take me years founding out if (if!) there is the information I'm looking for

but

this side is very very cool and when I'm through with my problem I will have a very intensive look for it.

*sigh* I thought here in the nLite-Forum there are users which know the problem and solved it already :blushing:

If Dino wouldn't be - surely - a very busy man i would try to email him but I guess he has enough to do without my crying for help - for sure HE would know the answer :-) Dino is not God but very close to it :-)