winsetupfromusb - nlite install issue

Good Morning!

I used nlite to create a slim version of XP SP3 and used winsetupfromusb to install on my netbook from a USB drive. Install went fine but at the very end, where I am suppose to log in to windows there is nothing for me to click on to log in.

I was brief in my description assuming its an obvious thing that I missed, but then again I searched thoroughly in the forum to see if someone else has run into my problem with no luck. Hope someone can help.

Thank you,

John

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I am having the same problem, although it wasn't I who slimmed it down. Winsetupfromusb tells me that it cannot find a winnt32.exe. Are there any other ways to install from usb?

What is the exact problem? You cannot login as the original poster or the program complains about missing winnt32.exe? If the latter- try the latest 1.0 beta7, that dependence has been avoided.

Hi!

I am having the same problem, although it wasn't I who slimmed it down. Winsetupfromusb tells me that it cannot find a winnt32.exe. Are there any other ways to install from usb?

Hmm. :unsure:

Was it slimmed down by little green men overnight? :w00t:

Was it downloaded from the net pre-slimmed by an anonymous peep? :ph34r::realmad:

In any case you are NOT having the same problem as the OP, who succesfully finished install and later could not log in to it.

jaclaz

Hi!

In any case you are NOT having the same problem as the OP, who succesfully finished install and later could not log in to it.

Sorry I misread. I can't make the bootable USB. I'll try 1.0 beta7.

Cheers