In regards to a specific thread

It's OK! It wouldn't be a problem, because it's warranted.

In any case you were careful, and that's appreciated, too! :thumbup

» Posting Guidelines

2.a Use some common sense. Do not create identical topics or make identical posts in more than one forum. Think before posting and choose the right topic for your question or answer. Do not "bump" newly created topics until at least 24 hours have passed. If a topic is been "bumped" three times without any new replies, please consider reviewing and editing your original post and adding any information which you think may help other members in answering your question(s) or concern(s). When posting, have something to say, not just "My First post!" or "Cool site!!!" We sort of have the idea by now. :-)

And do read this, too: On Bumping

Ah, thank you!

Broken link there. D:

Anyways, I'm still curious about that specific project, because from my tests on my Windows 98 build, nearly every version of Flash worked using KernelEx on BOTH IE and Opera 11.5, at least from what I can recollect. As of now, Windows 98 passes nearly every test, except Steam gaming, which I hope that will happen in a future release of KernelEx. I'm now doing Windows 95 testing on my machine that I WANTED to dual boot, but was impossible, so I just installed Windows 95. Got the SP and Plus! on it and it's working-

Ah.. I get off topic a lot. XD But in regards to that thread, I'm hoping to see an IE spoof soon, since that specific plugin spoof works greatly, not the best of quality (works only on 360p) but still has smooth playback.

The link is fixed, now.

[rant]

We even had the button renamed to "Quote", to encourage people to use the "Add Reply" instead, and only use "Quote" when a quote is really needed... But still, lots of posts get unecessarily quoted on replies... :no:

[/rant]

You mean, the activex version of that Flash plugin? Sure it's possible. As soon as I find some time, I'll see what I can do.

@dencorso

If all are in agreement, maybe just merge this thread with the old one? Would make it easier in the future to follow this subject.

Exactly that! The Activex one, if I had the knowledge, I would try it myself as well as do a whole bunch of other things for Windows 95 specifically, since that OS doesn't seem to be gettin' much love around here. :(

I was told in the last post of a thread at Computing.net that there is a version of Flash Player 8 that will install on Windows 95. :o I have not had the time to actually test this, as I have been busy with other projects, and the poster there noted problems with the IE version on YouTube, so you may still need the fix described in the original thread you referenced. Here is the quoted post, with links included:

LoneCrusader

Sorry for posting so late...I didn't realize this post was still open.

Flash 8 will install fine on Windows 95, however, you MUST download the plug-in version for Firefox. There is no tweaking -- registry or otherwise-- required; I've installed on a clean-install system with IE 3.x and no Firefox installed.

The ActiveX Flash version for Internet Explorer

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/flash/fp8_beta/install_flash_player_8_ax.exe

is generally rejected by most websites including Youtube. However, the plug-in Flash version (posted again below)

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/flash/fp8_beta/install_flash_player_8.exe

works fine on YouTube with Firefox 1.x and 2.x.

If you manage to successfully install it, please report your results.

Windows 95 doesn't get much love around here? The limitations on CPU speed (>2.1GHz) and RAM (>512MB) have been broken here in the last year or so, I'd call that a lot of love. :yes:

The only way to run flash in both Firefox and Opera is to use that spoof in order to play YouTube videos, blip.tv was also tested with the spoof but does not seem to work.

I just tested the link sent from that quote from LoneCrusader and unfortunately, the test did not work. (Also, fun fact, you can't run 2 flash youtube windows side by side on different browsers or else the second one that has been opened won't produce any sound.)

Oh, by the lack of love that 95 has I mean that there's no KernelEx for 95 nor much activity going on in the SP for it. It's getting some love, but not nearly as much as 98/ME. lol

Patch pattern for Flash7d.ocx added to original release post. B)

Of course there's more action for Win 98SE: it has more users. Both 95 and ME get less attention and 98FE gets the least. It seems to me to reflect well the relative level of interest those OSes attract, among the 9x/ME community, IMHO.

You said:

I'm now doing Windows 95 testing on my machine that I WANTED to dual boot, but was impossible, so I just installed Windows 95.

So I say: Nothing is impossible... and if a machine can boot, then it can double-boot (and multi-boot). If you still want to do it, open a new, appropriately named thread about it, tell us what you've done *in detail* and describe your hardware, and we can help you achieve it.

As for this thread, the problem is solved, so there's no reason for it to continue.