WinsetupfromUSB and MacOSx and "usb divx reader"

@majinzin

When you finish repartitioning etc. and still get that error message correct the following files with the proper partition number:

1) winsetup.lst

2) txtsetup.sif in the small ISO file in WINSETUP folder, section SetupData

3) setup.cmd in \WINSETUP\XPpSP3\I386 , search for the line containing partition1

or simply redo the USB disk.

With a setup like the one proposed, the grub4dos MBR will be able to only access/read the 6 GB partition (located BELOW the 48 bit LBA limit BUT second entry in the Partition Table) and since the " the "usb divx reader" seemingly works with the 200 Gb partition, no matter where it is located, as long as it is first partition in the Partition Table, you should be fine and dandy.

thank you for technical reply,

my question is: i must format third partition with HFS+ wiht mac os....if i recreate all partitions correctly and then i format the third with mac, could i destroy partition table as before?? if yes, i think thare're no chances....

@ ilko_t thank you, i will try...but in winsetup.lst file i dosn't find an entry to change...

color black/cyan yellow/cyan
timeout 10
default /windefault

title Back to Main Menu
configfile /menu.lst

title First part of Windows XP Professional SP3 setup from partition 1
map --unmap=0:0xff
map --unhook
ls /WINSETUP/XPpSP3.ISO || find --set-root --ignore-cd /WINSETUP/XPpSP3.ISO
map /WINSETUP/XPpSP3.ISO (0xff) || map --mem /WINSETUP/XPpSP3.ISO (0xff)
savedefault 2
checkrange 0x00,0x01 read 0x8280 && configfile /BOOTWS/fd.lst
checkrange 8 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/8.lst
checkrange 7 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/7.lst
checkrange 6 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/6.lst
checkrange 5 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/5.lst
checkrange 4 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/4.lst
checkrange 3 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/3.lst
checkrange 2 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/2.lst
checkrange 1 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/1.lst
boot
map --unmap=0:0xff
map --unhook

title Second part of 2000/XP/2003 setup / Boot first internal hard disk
checkrange 8 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/8.lst
checkrange 7 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/7.lst
checkrange 6 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/6.lst
checkrange 5 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/5.lst
checkrange 4 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/4.lst
checkrange 3 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/3.lst
checkrange 2 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/2.lst
checkrange 1 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && configfile /BOOTWS/1.lst
boot

Edited by jaclaz

my question is: i must format third partition with HFS+ wiht mac os....if i recreate all partitions correctly and then i format the third with mac, could i destroy partition table as before?? if yes, i think thare're no chances....

Why don't you simply try doing it?

Quick selection guide ;):

1. if it works, no problem :yes:
  2. if it doesn't work, we will find a way to fix it. :rolleyes:

I have NO idea whether MacOSx respects cylinder/heads boundary "old" standard or just like Vista :ph34r:/7 allows for fractional end heads/cylinders. :unsure:

In the worst case you can re-partition creating the two first partitions (the NTFS and the FAT32 one) on boundaries.

Life is " trying things to see if they work".

:)

jaclaz

Why don't you simply try doing it?

Quick selection guide ;):

1. if it works, no problem :yes:
  2. if it doesn't work, we will find a way to fix it. :rolleyes:

I have NO idea whether MacOSx respects cylinder/heads boundary "old" standard or just like Vista :ph34r:/7 allows for fractional end heads/cylinders. :unsure:

In the worst case you can re-partition creating the two first partitions (the NTFS and the FAT32 one) on boundaries.

Life is " trying things to see if they work".

:)

jaclaz

i don't know why but my divx reader go also if fat32 partition is second entry on partition table.....mistery!

now, i try your method.....

1)Use ONLY Windows 7 Disk Management.

done

2)Delete EACH and ALL partitions.

done

3)Create a new partition, around 6 GB in size, partition it as NTFS, make it ACTIVE.

done

4)Create a new partition, around 200 Gb in size

done

5)Exit Disk Management.

done

6)Use either of the mentioned FAT32 formatting apps to format the 200 Gb partition (drive).

fat32formatter doesn't work on partition but only on not allocated space...i created partition with Windows 7 Disk Management and then i format with fat32formatter

7)Verify that you can write and read files on both partitions.

done

8)Use the partition tool to EXCHANGE the data in first two lines.

done

repair3.png

9)Reboot and check that you can still write and read on both partitions.

done

10)Copy a movie or whatever to the FAT32 partition and test if "usb divx reader" works with the disk.

done, i can watch movie.....

NOW?

NOW?

• Add the MacOSx partiion (or whatever).
  • Verify that the first two partitions have not changed (as seen in the DTIdata tool).
  • Re-run WinsetupfromUSBwithGUI.
  • Re-test.

jaclaz

it's impossible with mac create third partition ....i can only recreate all partitions and then format them....i created third partition with windows and when i tried to format with mac....it says "can't modify partition table...." .... i open dtidata tool and all partitions : 254 63 1023.....f***!.......i recreated 2 partitions and exchanged values with dtidata....i created third and fourth partition and formatted with ntfs..i opened dtidata : first and second partition ok, third and fourth 254 63 1023.....i think that the problem is windows tool and not only mac utility disk....

i opened dtidata : first and second partition ok, third and fourth 254 63 1023.....i think that the problem is windows tool and not only mac utility disk....

That's actually good/correct.

First partition (second partition entry) is ENTIRELY inside the CHS limit of around 8 Gb. If it still reads 0/32/33-740/41/5 is OK (with the mentioned caveat of alignment to boundaries)

Second partition (first partition entry) BEGINS below the said limit BUT ENDS after it (1023/254/63) If it still reads 740/41/6-1023/254/63 is OK (with the mentioned caveat of alignment to boundaries)

Third and fourth partition are ENTIRELY OUTSIDE the limit, so they have rightfully BOTH begin and end set to 1023/254/63

The screenshot you posted on post #1417 showed how ALL the partitions (including the first two) were set to 1023/254/63, which is/was WRONG.

jaclaz

That's actually good/correct.

ok, i formatted third ntfs partition with mac....no problem....but when opened dtidata...all partitions were 254 63 1023....i tried modify entries in first and second partition with tool: 0/32/33-740/41/5 ecc... but when i restarted os, mac partition disappeared...i opened windows disk management and third partition didn't have file system (unallocated space).... :no:

Edited by jaclaz

ok, i formatted third ntfs partition with mac....no problem....but when opened dtidata...all partitions were 254 63 1023....i tried modify entries in first and second partition with tool: 0/32/33-740/41/5 ecc... but when i restarted os, mac partition disappeared...i opened windows disk management and third partition didn't have file system (unallocated space).... :no:

Well, NO.

What you report makes no sense.

You probably (please read as definitely) did a mistake in inputting the values. (or maybe th etool is not working as expected)

Try again, create the 6Gb and the FAT32 partition.

DO NOT exchange their entries.

Create the MacOSx partition.

Report what happens.

jaclaz

Well, NO.

What you report makes no sense.

You probably (please read as definitely) did a mistake in inputting the values. (or maybe th etool is not working as expected)

Try again, create the 6Gb and the FAT32 partition.

DO NOT exchange their entries.

Create the MacOSx partition.

Report what happens.

jaclaz

i can't make partition with mac if there are other created partitions...if i create third partition on windows and format it with mac...when i open dtidata all entry in partition table are: 254 63 1023....mac os overwrites all entries on partition table like post #1417 !!!!!!!

i can't make partition with mac if there are other created partitions...if i create third partition on windows and format it with mac...when i open dtidata all entry in partition table are: 254 63 1023....mac os overwrites all entries on partition table like post #1417 !!!!!!!

Good, now re-write the previous values for the first two partitions, leaving the third untouched.

What happens= (the only thing that CANNOT happen is that you lose the "third partition").

OR, delete the first two partitions and recreate them as you did before (still leaving untouched the third partition)

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Good, now re-write the previous values for the first two partitions, leaving the third untouched.

What happens= (the only thing that CANNOT happen is that you lose the "third partition").

OR, delete the first two partitions and recreate them as you did before (still leaving untouched the third partition)

jaclaz

i did what you say in post #1427 !!! i lost third partition !!!!

EDIT:

delete the first two partitions and recreate them as you did before (still leaving untouched the third partition)

i deleted first two partitions and recreated them...when i recreate second partition with fat32formatter, it destroyed forth partition and modify third in ntfs.....it's crazy!!!!!! then i try to reduce size of second partition and fortam it....same thing!!! it destroyed forth partition and modify third in ntfs

fat32.png

Edited by majinzin

Maybe there is some incompatibility, but cannot really say which :unsure:.

Do another thing.

1. Create the 6Gb and the 200 Gb in Windows disk Management.
  2. DO NOT format them.
  3. Create the third partition in Windows disk Management.
  4. DO NOT format it.
  5. Format the third partition with MacOs. <-this is the step that seemingly messes the previous two partitions data, though I am not familiar with MAC, it sounds to me "queer" that you cannot create a partition in it or that it messes the partition table
  6. Delete first and second partition with Disk Management.
  7. Re-create the first partition 6 Gb and format it in disk management as NTFS.
  8. Re-create the second partition in Disk Management and DO NOT format it.
  9. At this point first, second and third partition shoudl have the "right" addresses/data as seen in the DTIdata tool.
  10. Leave the Tokiwa FAT32formatter alone and use INSTEAD the Ridgecrop FAT32format for the second partition:
    http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm

jaclaz

Maybe there is some incompatibility, but cannot really say which :unsure:.

Do another thing.

1. Create the 6Gb and the 200 Gb in Windows disk Management.
  2. DO NOT format them.
  3. Create the third partition in Windows disk Management.
  4. DO NOT format it.
  5. Format the third partition with MacOs. <-this is the step that seemingly messes the previous two partitions data, though I am not familiar with MAC, it sounds to me "queer" that you cannot create a partition in it or that it messes the partition table
  6. Delete first and second partition with Disk Management.
  7. Re-create the first partition 6 Gb and format it in disk management as NTFS.
  8. Re-create the second partition in Disk Management and DO NOT format it.
  9. At this point first, second and third partition shoudl have the "right" addresses/data as seen in the DTIdata tool.
  10. Leave the Tokiwa FAT32formatter alone and use INSTEAD the Ridgecrop FAT32format for the second partition:
    http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm

jaclaz

tomorrow i will try it.....what 's the correct allocation unit size i must use on new tool?

it sounds to me "queer" that you cannot create a partition in it or that it messes the partition table

i can create partitions with mac only if there aren't partitions......(probably cause mac os doesn't fully support mbr)