silicon image

John305

Hi I am trying to find the a disk preinstall drivers for this sil3114 onboard raid controller. I have looked and can only find the drivers for the sil 3114 add on card, Any help is greatly Appreciated It needs to run on win 7 64 bit although 32 bit drivers should work..

Thank You

John

Is this it? http://www.siliconimage.com/support/searchresults.aspx?pid=28&cat=3

However, one should look out for the first section

End-Users: Silicon Image does NOT support End-Users directly. Silicon Image designs and develops chips for manufacturers. These manufacturers develop their own drivers, firmware and software for their boards. Silicon Image does not have information or access to the Drivers, Software or boards that these manufacturers create and sell. We typically assist these manufacturers when they have problems with our chips. End-Users should contact product manufacturer of the board for technical support.
etc.

Hi yes its a abit kv8-max3 if I install windows on the via raid once windows starts it lists a diffrent raid conroller than the sil 3114 but if you right click it and run a sreach for drivers it finds the sil 3114 from windows update. But i need the preinstall with the txtsetup.oem file in it to do a fresh install on the sil 3114. The via does not support ncq and even with the jumper set to 1.5 still wont find it on the via but the sil 3114 does find the new drive. The drivers listed on that site are for the sil 3114 add in card I dont know if they will work as they call for bios BIOS:5.5.00 on that card.

Thank You for your help I hope i can find somthing to make it work

Edited by John305

Hi yes win 7 does not have the drivers for the sil 3114 and i want to install the boot drive on the sil so I need the f6 sata driver disk to install to it. As the via sata wont recognise the drive but the sil 3114 does.

Here it is : ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/driver2/sata_driverdisk/abitsata_v133.exe. that's the 32bits drivers for xp/2003 but did you tried it ?

Or you might try the Asus drivers for A8N-sli deluxe for vista x64 they should work.

Found the xp64 drivers from abit: ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/drivers/64bit_drivers/sil3114/v100_20031115.exe

Edited by allen2