How to integrate hardware Add-ons?

xcobt

Do I unzip first before inserts into nLite? Example: "DellDriver_ADDON.7z". When unzip, it creates a "Sys" folder, with "ENTRIES_DELL.ini" and "DELL.exe" in subfolder? Do I click on a multiple tab? If I click multiple, do I pick "DELL.exe" or the folders with everything inside or integrate only "DellDriver_ADDON.7z" and let nLite do all the work?

I have no problems integrating hardware drivers with "inf". It clearly explains in the Index guide. I have searched and could not find step-by-step integrating Add-ons like Opera, CClean and Add-ons drivers, without “inf” files.

I appreciate greatly if someone willing to help me here. Thank you.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I have four more Dell D620 drivers, without "inf"- R116105, R138226, R165094 and R114200. R114200 is Conexant modem Driver with "inf". During nLite integration a red warning on "HXFsetup.exe". It skipped and I install later.

R138226.exe is the Intel Chipset Installer that you can download from the Intel website and it supports silent switches, so I wouldn't be bothered with that too much. R114200.exe (Conexant modem) is OK, as long as you extract it and add it to the drivers section in nLite (not the add-ons).

These are the links to the add-ons for

Broadcom 57XX Gigabit Integrated Controller - R116105 http://www.mediafire.com/file/pijbz1i4h6v3z8f/DELL_DRIVER_ADDON_R116105.7z

QuickSet - R165094 http://www.mediafire.com/file/z129y15k91tugrj/DELL_DRIVER_ADDON_R165094.7z

Add them to the Add-ons section in nLite, just like the other two.

Cheers

Thanks, Sp0iLedBrAt. I always got mix up with Drivers and Addons as explain below.

Feedback: Just tested (done several since) nLite Slipstream. I am extremely pleased, except unable to insert DellDriver_ADDON_AD.7z in "drivers" selection task screen, either single or multiple. I finally gave up and continue. While burning, I realized my mistake, I should insert it in "Hotfix, Add-ons and Update" and not "driver". On testing one yellow "?" in system hardware. I guess R138226 Broadcom without the "inf" is missing. I install all drivers without "inf" and System software. Checked again all OK. Found Intel® PRO/Wireless R236916 icon look different from the original, but wireless work perfectly. Maybe it loaded the generic driver??.

I am not a savvy computer geek. I had clean installed Win98SE probably a thousand times. WinXP is new to me. To speed up, skipped "Unattended, Option and tweaks", exception removed search, messenger and three or four more which I have forgotten. I will do another one and any help, and tips or advice will be most welcome. The Reference Guide is too brief and needs more details. On my first nLite attempted I use below URL as guide (found it). It works. With UDC-04.15.11.zip, I updated 27 security patches etc. Thanks everyone..I may come back for more help to trim the fat as I remove...options....tweaks.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/6304-how-to-slipstream-windows-xp-sp3-and-vista-sp1

Just download both drivers and ROOTs_UPDATE_ADDON.7z. Are these Framework...blah, blah which were updated among the twenty plus Security patches? This will further save another hour or so, including rebootings. Sorry, I am still confuse with the -X- switches and need to take time to read it.

Just download both drivers and ROOTs_UPDATE_ADDON.7z. Are these Framework...blah, blah which were updated among the twenty plus Security patches?
No. -X- only provides Basic Fixes. Usually Extras (like IE7/8, WMP10/11,dotNet, etc.) are not included since his intent is to provide "just the basics for the OS". You have to do those separately with an add-on from elsewhere (just like Drivers) or "roll your own". ;) Other than that, you're good to go!

edit - I take that back! IE8 is there since it's considered as "critical update" by MS.

Edited by submix8c

Thanks for the explanation. Not quiet yet, still need to play around with Unattended, Option and tweaks. I will do it tomorrow and if I do not, I might forget what I did today. Got very short memory. :-) Thanks for the help. I still think the Reference guide should provide more detail. Anyway, it is **** good stuff.

Edited by xcobt

ROOTS_UPDATE_ADDON.7z (for Internet Explorer) is an older version that I created (also) by request a few months ago, so the newer version will surely show up in Windows Update.

On testing one yellow "?" in system hardware. I guess R138226 Broadcom without the "inf" is missing.

R138226.exe is offered as Intel Mobile Chipset on Dell's site. Do you know which chipset you have? Anyway, you can get a much smaller download containing the same files here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Cheers

The driver for the chipset is R138226. 945GM (667MHz front side bus) with Intel onboard graphics or 945PM.

I would rather not install IE, but kept IE7 as necessity, been using Opera for over 12 years. Checked out Intel’s URL and decided not to change, took me over 6mths to get the wireless running properly. If it’s working good, don’t touch it, right?

I installed/reinstalled R-138226, R11610, R116105, R114200 (hit or missed attempts). There is still a “?” on ECP port. I always deleted secession.ini before attempted the next one. Should I use the last secession to make changes on a fresh copy of WinXP3?

Should I attach the secession file here? BTW, can you remove the secession files I posted earlier, it embarrassing to be reminded of my ignorant? Tried to edit it. Thanks.

Checked out Intel's URL and decided not to change, took me over 6mths to get the wireless running properly.

I didn't give it to you for wireless, it was for Chipset drivers.

There is still a "?" on ECP port.

So, open Device Manager, double-click the '?', go to the Details tab and copy the Hardware IDs. It will tell us what is missing, so you can install it.

Should I use the last session to make changes on a fresh copy of WinXP3?

Yes, it saves a lot of time. If you don't like something, change it and it will be saved in the new Last Session.ini.

I installed/reinstalled R-138226, R11610, R116105, R114200

Bear in mind that some Dell drivers will not install in a VM, especially if the hardware is not present. That is why I told you I can't test the add-ons I made, since I do not have a Dell PC.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

Your replied noted. Slipstream two today. Latest, mistake/problem (below). How to eliminate two lines of wording at the lower right hand corner?

-Installed two drivers without "inf". R90851 - Intel Mobile Chipset and R138226 - Conexant modem Application

-Reinstalled again R236916 - PRO/Wireless 3945ABG. I pick "NETw5x32.inf", instead of "w29n51.inf"? Your advice.

-Reinstalled again R171789 - SIGMATEL. There is audio but no Startup and Turn Off tune. Can live without if, but prefer with it. Attach session file. I did add session but didn't show up??

Edited by xcobt

Looks OK, except for two things:

1. Explorer-Launch folder windows in a separate process - Don't do this, as users have reported bugs with nLite

2. System Restore - Disable it when it's installed, but do not remove it. Out of personal experience, I got a lot of weird errors when I removed it.

Also, if you have Windows-KB89083O-v3.18.cab, then you don't need Windows-KB89083O-v3.17.cab; you can also find newer versions of Unlocker if you search.

Cheers