create xp install disk with drivers for ST332082 SCSI

bobalston

Trying to use nLite to create a slipstream windows xp install disk with a scsi driver for my Seagate ST332082 SCSI disk drive.

When using the native windows xp install CD, it cannot see my ST332082 drive.

Tried using PC pit stop driver download, get an email with a download link but the link takes me to a Microsoft web page.

suggestions?

thanks

Bob

On your motherboards driver disk....
(if you have one) To follow-up, what is the make/model of the PC; specifically, if you know, what's the Motherboard? Driverpacks available (depending on the controller) and correct specific driver easily integrated... Edited by submix8c

I found the sticky and detailed instructions. GREAT!

I tried creating a slipstream ISO using the (a) set of drivers. I selected to install all. No joy

Now I am trying all the drivers in the (B) set.

If this fails, I will do as suggested and find the specifics on my motherboard. My PC is a 2-1/2 year old Gateway GT5432 desktop with the one 320 MB hard disk. It came with Vista.

Thank you to all for your very good and FAST replies!!

Bob

They don't have to. If this is it then you need the NVidia nForce drivers.

MCP61P chipset consisting of:

Northbridge: GeForce 6100 NVIDIA nForce 430

Southbridge: GeForce 6100 NVIDIA nForce 430

Are those listed in the DriverPack?

(from here I presume)

Here directly from nVidia.

Edited by submix8c

Thanks Downloaded the drivers from your direct link to nVidia. Added them to my slipstream ISO. But no success.

I created a partition for my xp install and named it. But I can't see it.

<frustrated>

Bob

P.S. Whty does the graphics maker, Nvidia, provide the disk drivers anyway???

I found this driver: nforce 15.26.

You'll need to extract the sata_ide folder and the rights drivers should be in there if there is only one physical drive. And if raid is enabled, you'll need the sataraid folder (but then you should have 2 drives).

That worked. thank you so very much - you guys are GREAT!

Now my latest issue with the installed XP

ethernet controller without a driver. But at least once I find the driver I can use USB drive to install it

Can't seem to get my dual boot installed. I always use Easy BCD but it won't run on my win xp. I tried several versions.

Tried GAG also. I can get Boot-US to install and I can set the vista and xp boot partitions, but it only loads xp. Grrrrrrrr.

Thanks again

Bob

You should already have the ethernet drivers for the nforce if you're using the onboard network chipset, they are in with the nforce chipset drivers (with audio etc....).

What OS are you trying to multiboot, XP and ?

XP and Vista Ultimate.

I got the ethernet driver from the vendor.

Been working on the process to get both OS accessible from the dual boot. I found detailed steps to do so using EasyBCD 2.0 bootloader but I could not get it to work on XP. Found out why - I need to install .net 2.0

so when I next have several hours to spare and a high frustration tolerance, I will try that again.

Thanks to you all, again.

Bob