Why some config.js cmds are with 1 quote mark (') others with 2 (

Hello,

I'm using WPI 8.1.0 and I'm really happy with. It simply works like a charm :thumbup

However, as i write (update) manualy into the config.js file, I've a question regarding the cmds (command) script. Some cmds are with 1 quote mark (') others with 2 ('"). Why? What the differences are? When it should be 1 quote mark and when 2

here bellow some examples

cmds[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Software\\AdvJPEGCompress\\ajpegcompr.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-','"%cdrom%\\Software\\AdvJPEGCompress\\ajc_CR.exe"','{REGEDIT} %cdrom%\\Software\\AdvJPEGCompress\\ajc.reg'];

cmds[pn]=['"%cdrom%\\Software\\BatchImageResizer\\batch-image-resizer.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /NORESTART"','{REGEDIT} %cdrom%\\Software\\BatchImageResizer\\BIR.reg'];

cmds[pn]=['"%cdrom%\\Software\\VirtualDJ\\Setup.exe /S"','"%cdrom%\\Software\\VirtualDJ\\virtualdj_CR.exe"','{REGEDIT} %cdrom%\\Software\\VirtualDJ\\VirtualDJ.reg'];

I'll appreciate yr explanation

Regards

The best way to install programs with WPI, is to use quotes ("")!

Example:

cmds[pn]=['"%wpipath%\\Install\\Realtek\\Realtek.exe"','%systemdrive%\\Realtek\\Setup.exe -s "-f1%systemdrive%\\Realtek\\setup.iss"'];

Otherwise (') is sufficient!

Mostly I use quotes (" ") to install my programs when (') doesn't works!!

cmds[pn]=['"%wpipath%\\Install\\Firefox\\Firefox_3.6.13.exe" -ms -ira'];
cmds[pn]=['"%systemdrive%\\Install\\7QuickLaunch.exe"'];

It is simply a deduction!

Edited by myselfidem

However, as i write (update) manualy into the config.js file, I've a question regarding the cmds (command) script. Some cmds are with 1 quote mark (') others with 2 ('"). Why? What the differences are? When it should be 1 quote mark and when 2
Are the "samples" you provided from letting WPI automatically "fill in the blanks" or was this "manually made"? I don't recognize some of the (multi) strings provided.

Explain and I'll see if I can reproduce the "anomaly".

WPI should (I may have missed some cases) always put in double quotes ("....") to allow for spaces in the path. Older versions didn't do that so it could just be a carry over from your older config.

Have a little patience for replies. Not all of us are on here every day.

Thanks all very much for yr patience and explanation.

S

Ever since, I use double quote ("...."). When I upgrade from v6 to v8, the commands into config.js were automatically updated sometimes to ('....') and sometimes to both ('"...."') (see my examples above).

Moreover, when I add or update any softwares to WPI, I modify manually the config.js. So, I remember that I have had diffculties with the quotes.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...