Problem Integrating Hotfixes for Win XP SP2

smithwigglesworth0

I finally managed to create integrate SP3 and hotfixes... These are updates that I added/integrated..

1) SP3 -- windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4.exe

2) DOTNET files .. dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe and dotnetfx35.exe

3) directx_Jun2010_redist.exe

4) And various other updates that i got through "UDC-12.14.10" tool which included many cab files and also a WGA.Validation.AddOn-v1.9.42.0.7z

But when I tried to install Windows it wouldnt work. I came to the screen where it tells me to "press any key to install" ...

Then it does it searching part and loading files but it doesnt even come to the place where it gives the option to Repair Windows or Install a New copy of Windows.

It gives me a blue screen of death with the following errors ...

Stop: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error

\systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll

It failed to install Windows. What could be the issue ?

That last session.ini you just posted has no DirectX or .NET. Are you running nLite more than once against the same source?

Just to be clear...

You originally said you got the blue screen with a CD you made containing the updates, DirectX and .NET

So you tried again with a new CD containing only the updates? The same error occurred?

And you didn't answer my question. Are you running nLite more than once on the same source?

Edited by -X-

I do not want Windows Media 11. I want to stick with WMP -10. Is it possible ?

If I'm not mistaken, without update to the player itself (which I don't see in your ini file), you will end up with WMP9. That's the one included in XP.

Just to be clear...

You originally said you got the blue screen with a CD you made containing the updates, DirectX and .NET

So you tried again with a new CD containing only the updates? The same error occurred?

And you didn't answer my question. Are you running nLite more than once on the same source?

Yes. I deleted the previous source of Win XP and extracted the files again and ran the Nlite once again. And this time I only integrated SP3 and Hotfixes using UDC-12.14.10 tool.

Edited by smithwigglesworth0

I was finally able to create an XP SP3 streamlined CD with all the hotfixes. I tried installing it, It seemed to run fine. It brought me to place where I could select the drives to install, delete partitions , create partitions etc. I didnt try going any further. Previously I wasnt even able to get to this screen. So I am assuming that CD works fine.

But before it gets to the screen where I can delete and creation partitions, It doesnt give me screen where I can select to repair windows using the R key. Usually we get that option and also didnt get the option of Windows Recovery Console.

Later on I booted my PC and then added MalwareBytes addon from this page >> http://www.mediafire.com/Sp0iLeDBrAtUPLOAD. I had no problems integrating it and I even tried installing this new Streamlined XP3 CD. Seems to be working fine.

Now I will have to try integrating the dotnet files and see if it works also. I have Windows Media Player 10 setup file >> MP10Setup.exe ... Can I integrate this also??. I am also attaching the last session ini file

LAST SESSION (205701.15-00.37.14).INI

LAST SESSION (205701.15-00.37.14).INI

To get the repair option you must select prompt repair under unattended, general, unattended mode. Images 15 and 16 on this page. When you do that you will lose the [unattended] section in winnt.sif.

Typical unattended section...

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

UnattendSwitch="Yes"

OemPreinstall="Yes"

OemSkipEula="Yes"

FileSystem=*

WaitForReboot="No"

NoWaitAfterTextMode=1

NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Hibernation="No"

TargetPath=WINNT

My recommendation is to make 2 CDs. One for regular setup and one for repairing.

BTW, you can still access the recovery console on unattended disks by pressing F10 when the F6 prompt appears.

I don't know about Windows Media Player 10 but you can do Windows Media Player 11 with Windows Media Player 11 Slipstreamer. If you go with WMP11, do not use my WindowsMedia cab files. Those are for WMP 9 only...

E:\Ares Download\Torrent\UDC-12.14.10\UDC-12.14.10\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB952069-v2-x86-ENU.cab

E:\Ares Download\Torrent\UDC-12.14.10\UDC-12.14.10\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB954155-x86-ENU.cab

E:\Ares Download\Torrent\UDC-12.14.10\UDC-12.14.10\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB973540-x86-ENU.cab

E:\Ares Download\Torrent\UDC-12.14.10\UDC-12.14.10\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB975558-x86-ENU-fix.cab

E:\Ares Download\Torrent\UDC-12.14.10\UDC-12.14.10\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB978695-x86-ENU.cab

E:\Ares Download\Torrent\UDC-12.14.10\UDC-12.14.10\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB2378111-x86-ENU.cab

I integrated DirectX with no problem and the CD was created

But when I tried integrating dotnet files .. my PC rebooted in the middle of the process of integrating. I had tried this earlier with a different CD also and even then my PC had rebooted 2 times.

There are the files that gave me problems ...

1) dotnetfx35.exe ( 237 mb)

2) dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe ( 49 mb)

Last Session (205701.16-20.37.47).ini

I don't see any .NET addons in your last session file. Are you trying to integrate the installers? You need to use add-ons -> http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8316

This -> E:\Ares Download\Windows Update\wsusoffline67\wsusoffline\client\win\glb\directx_Jun2010_redist.exe wont work. You need to use add-ons. Look through the ryanvm.net forum for one or perhaps there is one in the forum above this.

I made a new SlipStreamed SP3 CD with .net, directx and malwarebytes addons. But when i tried to install it , it gives me an error even before I reach the screen where I can choose to delete or create partitions. Its like the blue screen of death with the following error..

Stop: c0000221 unknown hard error

\systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll

I am attaching the .ini file also

LAST SESSION.INI

I get the feeling there is something wrong with your machine. Can you please test the ISO you used to create this last CD in a virtual machine as I recommended in post 25.

I don't use MS's VM so I don't know the exact steps but you create a machine, add some hard drive space (2 to 3 gigs should be enough) then you mount the ISO you created with nLite as your CD-ROM. Start the VM and run setup just as you would a real computer.