Problem Integrating Hotfixes for Win XP SP2

smithwigglesworth0

I used the UDC-12.14.10.cmd tool to download the updates ..It was about 85 MB . But these are all for SP3. I dont have SP3 installed. I have an old PC and dont want to install SP3. It will make my PC slower. I just want the updates related to SP2 How can I get those ?

Edited by smithwigglesworth0

He states in his first post that he doesn't want SP3...

Yeah but then he states this....

"The total size of the updates is approximately 1 GB excluding the SP3 installation file which is about 324 mb"

smithwigglesworth0, do what you want then. Yes some of those are for SP3 only. I don't know where you get the idea that SP3 will make your computer slower....it wont.

Quite the contrary SP2 would be the one that MIGHT slow down your system as they added some extra windows features in it.

If it is speed you are worried about have you tried windows 2000?

Personally I loved EVERY sp for winxp and think they ALL increased speed and stability.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

OK lemme help you out:

You are making a NEW XP disk right?

Don't worry about the already running system, think about the reformatted system.

Without SP3 you are runnin serious security risks as the only made fixes for sp2 up untill over a year ago.

The disk cost of SP3 + Integrated hotfixes is rather small compared to sp2 + all fixes installed POST installation.

I dunno how much space you have total on your drive but a moderatly nLited installation of SP3 + Hotfixes to date will take up less than a gig of space for the bare installation.

Thanx all. Let me try to integrate SP3 and its related updates. Can we also integrate DirectX and any other 3rd party softwares in the CD? I do not want Windows Media 11. I want to stick with WMP -10. Is it possible ? I had once installed WMP-11. I had a hard time uninstalling it and reinstalling WMP -10

Edited by smithwigglesworth0

I finally managed to create integrate SP3 and hotfixes... These are updates that I added/integrated..

1) SP3 -- windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu_c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4.exe

2) DOTNET files .. dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe and dotnetfx35.exe

3) directx_Jun2010_redist.exe

4) And various other updates that i got through "UDC-12.14.10" tool which included many cab files and also a WGA.Validation.AddOn-v1.9.42.0.7z

But when I tried to install Windows it wouldnt work. I came to the screen where it tells me to "press any key to install" ...

Then it does it searching part and loading files but it doesnt even come to the place where it gives the option to Repair Windows or Install a New copy of Windows.

It gives me a blue screen of death with the following errors ...

Stop: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error

\systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll

It failed to install Windows. What could be the issue ?

Wrong files again. We don't need to ones with .................u.ini. Look in the root of your CD for last session.ini....no dates in filenames.

The [Hotfixes] section should have over 100 lines.

Edited by -X-

Apologise for my late reply. I am attaching the file..

I get the following error while installing...

-***************************************************************************************************************************

file ql1010.sys caused an unexpected error (32768) at line 3540 in d:\xpsp\base\boot\setup\setup.c

Press Any Key to continue

***************************************************************************************************************************

LAST SESSION.INI