Problem Integrating Hotfixes for Win XP SP2

smithwigglesworth0

Click new and follow the wizard. At the end, go into the settings of the VM you just created and use the ISO from nLite as your CD-ROM.

I created the CD . But when I double click on setup.exe inside the CD it gives me the error " setup.exe is not a valid win32 application" and so it wont run on Virtual Box also. What could be the reason that it is saying that its not a valid win32 application. I didnt get any errors while creating the ISO through NLite!!

Edited by smithwigglesworth0

I created a new Nlite ISO image and integrated only SP3 and its related hotfixes and also added malwarebytes add-on. I didnt add anything else. I tested it with VirtualBox., seems to be working fine.

Can I go ahead and install this XP using VirtualBox procedure? .. Does this actually install XP on my harddrive ? I only want to test this ISO. I dont want to actually format my C drive and install XP. Will going ahead with the installation of XP through VirtualBox affect my Windows XP thats currently installed on my C drive now ?

Edited by smithwigglesworth0

I thought we were testing the one that gave you the error. The one with the .NET add-ons. :blink:

Whats in the VM doesn't affect your real system. It's contained in the "fake" hard drive you created when setting up the VM.

I used SP3, related hotfixes , directx and malwarebyte add on and "OnePiece_Microsoft.NET_Framework_v3.5.30729.3644_True_AddOn_ENU.cab " add -on. I didnt use "OnePiece_Microsoft.NET_Framework_v3.5.30729.5053_QFE_Update_AddOn.7z" . So it seems to work now.

Let me run the complete installation using Virtual Box. Wish me luck :thumbup

I used the following to create an ISO >>

SP3, related hotfixes , directx and malwarebyte add on and "OnePiece_Microsoft.NET_Framework_v3.5.30729.3644_True_AddOn_ENU.cab " add -on.

I tested it using Virtual Box .. It doesnt work. Gives me numerous errors while copying setup files ( after the formatting procedure) . I clicked esc key to ignore those files and i still got too many errors while Windows Installation. So I quit that installation

Then I created a new ISO with only SP3 and its related hotfixes. Even that gave me errrors while copying setup files ( after formatting)

What can be wrong ?

Thats what I did this time also.

I took the XP2 CD and integrated only SP3 and nothing else. It still gave me numerous errors of "Setup cant copy so and so file" after formatting.

I tried installing this XP2 CD. It installed with no problem at all. I even got to the desktop using Virtual Box. I just couldnt access the internet using the Virtual Machine

I tthink I will get a new CD and test it.

I took the XP2 CD and integrated only SP3 and nothing else. It still gave me numerous errors of "Setup cant copy so and so file" after formatting.

I tried installing this XP2 CD. It installed with no problem at all. I even got to the desktop using Virtual Box.

Where does that "XP2" cd come from ? (I guess you mean "XP SP2"). Is it an original ?

No , its not an orginal CD. It is a .nrg image that I downloaded from a torrent site. Anyway I deleted it. But I found a very old XP Pro CD SP1 that I had. I stopped using that CD because it only had SP1 and whenever I tried going online to do a Windows Update, within 5 mins I would get viruses since it didnt have security patches.

But I just used this CD to SlipStream SP3. Fortunately it worked and it even gave me no errors while setup was copying the files after formatting. But the problem is that it gives me an invalid Product Key error. I have the right key. I have used it many times. I wonder why is it giving me problem. I explored the CD and went to the "i386" folder. I opened UNATTENDED.TXT file. I used that Key also. It still gave me an Invalid Key error.

What could be the issue ?