RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

I get an unhandled exception on pressing the 'Commit' button after selecting the features for removal.

It says,

An invalid name request was made. The name requested cannot be retrieved at this time.

By the way, this is my first post guys, hello to all!

Did you installed wimmount driver from WAIK? Whats your host OS? Which version of rt 7 lite you are using?

Hi Ben,

I'm using RT 7Lite 1.0.6 on Windows 7 RTM x86 so didn't install WAIK seperately. Do I need to manually add some more files to it?

-Nav

I get an unhandled exception on pressing the 'Commit' button after selecting the features for removal.

It says,

An invalid name request was made. The name requested cannot be retrieved at this time.

Did you installed wimmount driver from WAIK? Whats your host OS? Which version of rt 7 lite you are using?

Hi Ben,

I'm using RT 7Lite 1.0.6 on Windows 7 RTM x86 so didn't install WAIK seperately. Do I need to manually add some more files to it?

-Nav

no, you do not need WAIK if running 7.

I had the same problem.Intrestingly i did a complete Win7 reinstall on my machine.Installed 7 Lite and then installed WAIK and behold - no more prompt :thumbup

I actually did that yesterday.

Reformatted my testing HD (NTFS) drive letter "C", installed Win-7 Ult x64 from a retail DVD, extracted the contents of that same DVD to a folder "W7" on the desktop, installed RT7Lite for Win7 x64, started the app and pointed it to the extracted Win7 source folder.

Result: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. Same Dism log errors as previously.

Even though it isn't supposed to be necessary, I tried running RT7Lite a second time after installing WAIK-Win7.

Same error.

Edited by Afterimage

if app is working for a user with same OS, same 7lite version, same OS language as urs then it should also works for you.....if not then the problem is on ur system....

Edited by bensam56

Any idea what would cause this error? Quite odd considering I have windows 7 and this directory doesn't exist. Occurs right when the process is about to complete. Running RT 7 lite 1.0.6 on Win7 x64.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Documents and Settings' is denied.

at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)

at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)

at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String path, Boolean recursive)

at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.UnMountImage(String TempPath, String wimfile, Int32 index, Boolean commit) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 48768

at RTWin7Lite.RT7LiteHome.btn_log_Commit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Ben\4-8-2010\Final_state\RTWin7Lite\RTWin7Lite\RT7LiteHome.vb:line 3068

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

RTWin7Lite

Assembly Version: 1.0.6.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.6.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RT%207%20Lite/RTWin7Lite.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

RTWin7Lite.resources

Assembly Version: 1.0.6.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.6.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RT%207%20Lite/en-US/RTWin7Lite.resources.DLL

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any idea what would cause this error? Quite odd considering I have windows 7 and this directory doesn't exist. Occurs right when the process is about to complete. Running RT 7 lite 1.0.6 on Win7 x64.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Documents and Settings' is denied.

Did u opened the temporary folder during customization?...If directory was opened or registry editor was opened this will occur. But the image and other process will be saved successfully...

Edited by bensam56

It says,

Hi Ben,

-Nav

no, you do not need WAIK if running 7.

good, so there is nothing wrong with the installation.... any idea how to debug the actual error and make the program work?

Did u opened the temporary folder during customization?...If directory was opened or registry editor was opened this will occur. But the image and other process will be saved successfully...

I just tried again and changed the temp directory to another drive. Still get this error message. I only get this when processing x64 version of windows. When I make 32 bit it works fine.

thx,ben

another question, I removed the "Windows Help" and found that ".chm" files cannot be opened,how can I solve this problem?

i believe the 2 are connected, i could be wrong though.