XP SP2 iso - slipstream to SP3 - integrate hotfixes

Zaitzev

I did some searching trying to figure out the chronological order of the hotfixes, but I came up short. Guess my search terms weren't good enough? "Hotfix chronological install" and "Hotfix install order" simply returned a bundle of non-related threads..too bad, I was hoping I didn't have to sit through it all and do it manually myself.

And then there's the almighty .NET Framework implementation. I found the "Silent .NET Maker" thread, but that was a headache from start to finish, I didn't understand that stuff. Too much info for anyone less than tech wizards to understand :P

Sp0iLedBrAt; Yeah I figured as much, I just picked some random hotfixes from the folder, just to get my point across, seeing as it happened to -every single hotfix- I added on a previous attempt. I didn't want to sit through 200 error dialog boxes now. ;P

2 small remarks:

I didn't know about the Last Session.ini approach so I deleted the first work folder. I had to recreate the scenario from earlier.

You can also find your ini files saved in C:\Program Files\nLite\presets\

and I have an MSDN account..
So, some of the ISOs came from here?

MSFN is not MSDN. ;)

If you want to "install in order" (by "hotfix creation date") it's laborious, but doable. I install Flashget (download manager), get the "fixlist" (from wherever), go to MS Downloads for each individually, select download, cancel the download, when the next screen appears righ-click on the "if it didn't download, click here" and select "download using Flashget". The original date is then retained (as opposed to using Browser download) that can be sorted by ascending date and added accordingly. If the "fixlist" has a direct link to the MS file, just right-click on those instead (same difference but faster than the aforementioned MS-method) into Flashget.

HTH (works for me)