Anyone here read Russian?

Javalicious

I have a rare - although not unheard of - problem, at least 4 other cases have been found by googling. However no one has found a solution/reason for the issue as of yet and I was about to give up...

Deciding on one more query technique I googled the pcb board number on the LCD screen that is causing the issue an Lo and Behold there may be an answer awaiting :thumbup

Except it is in Russian (I think) and the google translator has only given me a very general idea of what is actually being said. I understand it to be saying that flashing the EDID EEPROM is the solution to the effects caused - effects which sound exactly like my problem - at least as far as google is translating the post anyway lol!

The original link: Dell Inspirion 1525 после замены матрицы - темновато

and Googles Translation: Dell Inspirion 1525 after replacing the matrix - dark

My new screen and I truly thank you for any assistance :hello:

Another non-Rusian speaking, but apparently the issue/solution is the following:

• a LCD display screen has been replaced
  • the replacement screen has a much lower brightness than the old one
  • brightness adjustment to max is not enough

Apparently inside the screen there is a programmable chip, let's call it a "flash" that holds settings.

You need to read the old settings from the "old screen" and re-program them on the new one, by using a hardware flash programmer for 24S02 series chips.

jaclaz

You need to read the old settings from the "old screen" and re-program them on the new one, by using a hardware flash programmer for 24S02 series chips.

That most likely wouldn't help.

Either:

-the chip is good but the data is corrupted; in which case copying the corrupted data to a new chip won't solve anything... it needs to be reprogrammed, but where to get the valid data?

-the chip is defective; can't get valid data from it which causes the problem, in which case reprogramming another one with the same thing wouldn't help

-the chip is good and you have proper data on it, in which case the chip isn't be the source of the problems in the first place

Flashing an eeprom over I2C is the easy part here ;) The hard part is finding valid data to put on the chip (old or new), and perhaps soldering SMD parts if you're not used to it and/or don't have the proper equipment