ASUS TUSL2-C Problem

dmjalz

i dont know whats the problem.. when i try installing any newer OS my PC got lag while installing.. can anyone help me about this? i got no problem in installing Windows 98SE.. only in XP and newer OS

That ASUS TUSL2-C is actually only a motherboard and not a whole PC. By the sounds of it, it probably won't run an OS like XP or newer if it slows down during install. What are the specs of the other parts (CPU, RAM, HDD)? Your motherboard only supports Pentium 3 CPU's so I would probably not recommend installing windows XP on it unless you have a decent amount of RAM (512MB) and an nLited operating system.

Edited by Zenskas

HDD = Western Digital 40 GB

RAM = 384 MB

VGA = Ge Force 2 MX 400

it always lag when installing and onetime it finished but it always lag when im playing games...

Edited by dmjalz

Hmm, I installed XP Pro SP3 on a P3 933MHz (now upgraded to 1GHz) with 256MB PC133 RAM (now upped to 512MB), a 40GB IDE HDD and a GF4 MX440. I do not think I saw any lag in install but many options were skipped as it was a mostly unattended nLited install. You could try slimming it down with nLite. BTW what is the CPU? And what are the games you are trying to play?

Edited by Zenskas

Yes, it really depends on what games you are playing.

But you still have not answered my question.

What do you mean by lag?

And you say it only finished one time? What happened the other times? Did you cancel it yourself or did it freeze/BSOD?

I’ve put together quite a few PIII’s machines and installed XP without problems.

This is what I would do with that board. First I’d find the latest bios and drivers for the board and install 512mb of PC133 memory, XP will lag with less. Next I’d go for the fastest processor it will handle. A Pentium III 1.2 ghz or a Celeron-S 1.4 ghz.

Then a faster video card. I wouldn’t go below a Radeon 9600XT or GeForce 5700 Ultra.

All of this is available on Ebay and at very reasonable prices if your patient.

With WD drives I run WD’s diagnostic software tests and write 0’s to the drive. Then setup the drive with WD Data Lifeguard software.

Even with the upgrades it won’t play newer games (2004 and up) but for as a general purpose PC it will be OK.

Edited by Sysdll

when i try installing it.. it freeze at any time.. there are time left when installing win XP right? it freeze there at any time left... 15mins left, or 20 mins left, etc... thats the time my PC will freeze...

Freeze as in "stopping to respond and making noise when hitting any key"?

"genuine intel x86 Family 6 model stepping 10" doesn't say much to me, you need to give us the speed in MHz for example, that's easy to find.

Did you install all the latest drivers? Just try it again with the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility and Intel Application Accelerator.

yah it freeze at the same spot but not at the same time... mostly it freeze at the installation saying "Copying Files" the some times it freeze at "Finalizing Installation"

the CPU is intel celeron 1.1Ghz

it just stop responding... no noise when hitting any press key

Did you install all the latest drivers? Just try it again with the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility and Intel Application Accelerator.
Any thing to say about that?

I would blame your RAM or motherboard for these serious problems too. Check for bad capacitors that were also used on those late S370 boards.

if it freezes during copying files then i cant see it being a compatibility issue, since it's not actually trying to install something at that time, such as drivers.

i find it very odd the 98 will install though.

go into the bios and let us know what your temps for the system are.

also, run memtest, as puntomx said, there may be an issue with the ram.

Edited by ripken204