windows\system32\msdrm.dll
windows\system32\browcli.dll
windows\system32\msoert2.dll
windows\system32\winipsec.dll
windows\system32\werconcpl.dll
windows\system32\Magnification.dll
windows\system32\srvcli.dll

P. S.

Not delete Japanese, otherwise Word 2003, during the complete setting, at his opening, opened time-lagged to 7 seconds

Edited by valeri

W-7, b7100

With guard these files

windows\system32\wer.dll
windows\system32\msdrm.dll
windows\system32\browcli.dll
windows\system32\msoert2.dll
windows\system32\winipsec.dll
windows\system32\werconcpl.dll
windows\system32\Magnification.dll
windows\system32\srvcli.dll

P. S.

Not delete Japanese, otherwise Word 2003, during the complete setting, at his opening, opened time-lagged to 7 seconds

post-250888-1247867397_thumb.jpg

I am nearly finished with the dism removal-part. Just need to test 1 or 2 installations (1 without IE removed and if all goes well 1 with IE removed). After that I am going to check the cleanup-part. Probably somewhere tomorrow I will know more. On a side note: still working on x64 7600.16384, but I saw 7600.16385 also is available.

Edited by Jeronimo

Thanks for the excellent batch-file Jeronimo! So much easier for me to service my WIM-files now compared to when I did it manually. One question regarding your approach to package and component removal: I've noticed that you choose not to remove some packages with DISM which component's you check for removal in Vlite. Am I correct in assuming that this is done so that Vlite can "see" these packages and remove the files associated with them? I.E. Depending on the package it's preferable to use only DISM, only Vlite and in some cases both DISM and Vlite?

<br>Thanks for the excellent batch-file Jeronimo! So much easier for me to service my WIM-files now compared to when I did it manually. One question regarding your approach to package and component removal: I've noticed that you choose not to remove some packages with DISM which component's you check for removal in Vlite. Am I correct in assuming that this is done so that Vlite can "see" these packages and remove the files associated with them? I.E. Depending on the package it's preferable to use only DISM, only Vlite and in some cases both DISM and Vlite?<br>

I guess something like that, trying to find a best of both worlds. It seems dism does not remove everything (winsxs) )and therefore I prefer vLite. I checked after removing all components with vLite, which packages remain present and those are the ones I try to remove with dism. Sometimes removing a package also removes a component in vLite and then I do not remove the package. I know that drivers are not fully removed with vLite, but that is why I have my own clean-up afterwards. I need to check 2 driver-packages that failed in the past, after that the dism/vlite part is done and I can move on to testing the clean-up process.

Guys, I have an idea for reducing ISO size, but only by ~80 Mb or less

Instead of mounting install.wim, mount boot.wim

You could probably get rid of a lot of extra files. The whole file is about 120-160 Mb depending on your architechture.

On a side note, here are all the files I have found that are safe to delete:

- C:\Windows\WinSxS\backup\*.*

- C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\*.* EXCEPT 'Windows' folder

- C:\Windows\System32\Recovery\*.*

I'll try and keep this updated.

Ok here is my information on creating a slimmed down version of Windows 7...

packages_xls.txt (rename to packages.xls)

Contains information about all Windows packages, vLite component, the relation between them, removal issues and specified removal (dism or vLite)

removal_bat.txt (rename to removal.bat)

Contains removal of packages, cleanup and language pack integration (not fully automated). Works by specifying a parameter (eg "removal.bat packages")

Please make sure you edit it to fit your needs (everything up to the choice between using imagex or dism for mounting, use imagex for proper functionality)

The updated removal.bat, "does" the following action for you:

Remember to set the image id to 1 after you have run vLite (in case you rebuild to 1 image).

parameter - action (see contents for possibilities)

<none> - initialise environment variables (a new prompt called "WIM-prompt" will be started)

packages - remove packages with dism (see packages.xls for details)

cleanup - remove files and folders

drivers - driver integration (recurses the specified folder)

post - actions cleanup + drivers

full - actions packages + cleanup + drivers (not recommended)

langpack - integrate language pack in Windows 7

langpack2 - integrate language pack in Setup

Pre-requirements/notes

In case of Windows 7 x64, make sure you are running a x64 version of Windows as well

Windows 7 iso-contents (or DVD) copied to a local drive

dism.exe present in the sources-folder (for those of you that remove all files from the sources-folder)

remove ei.cfg from sources-folder to be able to install all editions

removal of Game Explorer component (by vLite) requires removal of Snipping Tool package (by idsm)

after the cleanup phase with nullify of winsxs-Backup, do not select any components in vLite or it will not be able to complete.

The following files need to be placed in the same folder as removal.bat:

install_wim_tweak (direct link: win6x_registry_tweak_bin_v1.1.rar)

imagex.exe and intlcfg.exe from the WAIK for Vista SP1 (take the proper version of these files amd64 for x64 or x86)

Recomended use

Modify the removal.bat to fit your needs (just in case you forgot)

Integrate Language pack

Packages removal

vLite (normal run)

Cleanup of files and folders

vLite (dummy run: reduce image size after cleanup)

Test on a secondary partition or to a virtual environment (such as VMware)

Afterwards use the regsvr32-command to make safe-removal of external drives work (see removal.bat).

Edited by Jeronimo

Ok here is my information on creating a slimmed down version of Windows 7...

packages_xls.txt (rename to packages.xls)

Contains information about all Windows packages, vLite component, the relation between them, removal issues and specified removal (dism or vLite)

removal_bat.txt (rename to removal.bat)

Contains removal of packages, cleanup and language pack integration (not fully automated). Works by specifying a parameter (eg "removal.bat packages")

Please make sure you edit it to fit your needs (everything up to the choice between using imagex or dism for mounting, use imagex for proper functionality)

Remember to set the image id to 1 after you have run vLite (in case you rebuild to 1 image).

parameter - action

<none> - initialise environment variables (see contents for possibilities)

packages - remove packages with dism (see packages.xls for details)

cleanup - remove files and folders

full - actions packages + cleanup

langpack - integrate language pack in Windows 7

langpack2 - integrate language pack in Setup

Pre-requirements

In case of Windows 7 x64, make sure you are running a x64 version of Windows as well

Windows 7 iso-contents (or DVD) copied to a local drive

dism.exe present in the sources-folder (for those of you that remove all files from the sources-folder)

remove ei.cfg from sources-folder to be able to install all editions

The following files need to be placed in the same folder as removal.bat:

install_wim_tweak (direct link: win6x_registry_tweak_bin_v1.1.rar)

imagex.exe and intlcfg.exe from the WAIK for Vista SP1 (take the proper version of these files amd64 for x64 or x86)

Recomended use

Modify the removal.bat to fit your needs (just in case you forgot)

Integrate Language pack

Packages removal

vLite (normal run)

Cleanup of files and folders

vLite (dummy run: reduce image size after cleanup)

Test on a secondary partition or to a virtual environment (such as VMware)

Afterwards use the regsvr32-command to make safe-removal of external drives work (see removal.bat).

To do

Check further cleanup? I am not a fan of bluntly removing stuff from winsxs-folder (weither it is Backup or any other folder).

do you find vlite actually removes the iis webserver addons?

do you find vlite actually removes the iis webserver addons?

Well after running vLite it is no longer present as a package, what makes you think it is still present?

just wondering really as i always used dism for removal of that :unsure: