Nero Burning ROM v9.4.13.2

biatche

Can anyone post a 100% tested and working guide for 9.4.13.2 setup for just the main application and express. I don't think anything else is needed. commandline nero program would be good if it can be included. Many thanks and appreciation.

I have tried many guides here to no avail. Setup does nothing, or stalls or something like that, I forgot.

Edited by biatche

I've just tested and it seems to work great using that method :

start Nero_setup.exe

pickup setup folder from %tmp% folder ... (about ~1,2Gb)

open each *.msi of folder "unit_app" with orca or with hexeditor to find ProductName and delete folder that you don't want ...

result of a setup folder about 780mb

you can silent install with

start /w "" setupx.exe /i /qb SERIALNUMBER="xxx" EULAACCEPTED="1"

Repacked setup folder result of 246mo (rar)

This method is the most genuine procedure for me ...

Hi all,

This method did work for me. I've removed all folders except unit_app_30 (Nero Burning Rom), unit_app_61 (Advertising Center) and unit_app_63 (Control Center). My problem is in the fact that setupx exits before the installation is finished and because my regular installation continous Nero is being aborted and is not installed.

Anyone have any ideas on how to wait for the installation to finish? Tried several weeks now and still have the same problem...

Thanks for any help.. :D

One more tip: Use TARGETPATH="<path>" to get Nero in a different place then c:\Program files.. :D

Edited by dreamline

so dreamline, your problem was your installation never completed? so it does begin, but it doesn't end, right? I might have had the same issue, but i don't get any error message / popup or anything at all since i use the silent switch. btw, via this method, will it install that...annoying nero 9.... uhm.... **** what do you call that? there was this annoying bloatware stuff.. i forgot what it was

Hi Biatche,

Here's the funny part. Setupx exits after a few seconds and the installation continous and after a few minutes Nero has been installed without a problem. Eventhough I am using start /wait.

However when I try to install Nero through runonceex with start /wait /qn etc. etc. Then setupx still returns after a few seconds to my other installation script and probably because these scripts use msiexec too the Nero installation gets aborted. While all my other programs are installed and start /wait actually waits until that installation has been finished.

For some reason start /wait setupx.exe ..... doesn't actually wait for the installation to finish which causes my problem.

Also the different method (somewhere mentioned here on msfn) to install nero 9 through the unit.msi doesn't seem to work for me and I don't know why..

So I'm going to keep looking for a way to install nero 9, but it might take some time. If all fails then probably I'll go back to nero 7 or nero 8. :)

So why exactly are these people saying their silent stripped setup is working? Is it really working for them and simply not really working for us? or does it work under circumstances.. hmm.. im so confused. Now that there isn't anymore nero lite or micro, I gotta do this on my own.

So why exactly are these people saying their silent stripped setup is working? Is it really working for them and simply not really working for us? or does it work under circumstances.. hmm.. im so confused. Now that there isn't anymore nero lite or micro, I gotta do this on my own.

Well there could be, I could make a program to make you a stripped down (install nero 9, then do a regshot, export registry, make installer...) Or I could host my Very slim nero 9 on another site like the nero 8 slim/micro.

Woo 300 posts.

Edited by x-Shadow-x

Well there could be, I could make a program to make you a stripped down (install nero 9, then do a regshot, export registry, make installer...) Or I could host my Very slim nero 9 on another site like the nero 8 slim/micro.

Woo 300 posts.

:thumbup that'd be great!

Thinstall merges everything into one exe, no install, so if you want that, go ahead.

I will have to think of a way to do this (stated at post #8), it wont be to hard, but it may be.

Tell me if you want me to make a slim/micro version and host it off site.

Edited by x-Shadow-x

I've tested the Thinapp way and it is indead packed into a single file. I rather use the unit.msi files, but I can't get them to work, unless I use setupx. If i use the unit.msi files (with some modifications through Orca) then nero is installed but I can't seem to get Nero to work (control center doesn't work and it doesn't accept my registry export from the full install).

:)

Edit: Well I've just tested thinapp some more and it seems possible to let ThinApp do all the work with snapshots and saving the changed files and registry to a project directory. Next I checked those files and went through the registry settings grabbed by ThinApp and I saved the ones that seemed important to me. I now have a working version of Nero without any installer. All I need to do now is create an msi package for all the files needed. I guess I have just started to built my own very first micro installation.. :D

Edited by dreamline

Slim includes

- Nero BurningROM

- Nero Express

- Nero Cover Designer

- Nero ToolKit (DiscSpeed, DriveSpeed, InfoTool, BurnRights);

- Nero WaveEditor

Micro Includes

- Nero BurningROM

- Nero Express

But I don't really want to mess with nero's eula

www.nero.com/enu/copyright.html

Any reproduction or redistribution of the Software not in accordance with the License Agreement is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.

So I think I will just make a custom installer (download Nero, install, extract files to specific directory, click build, compiles into installer). Would anyone like that?

--

Thinapp is kind of cheating, it does all the work for you and it wont really be an actual installer. ;)

Edited by x-Shadow-x