Nero Burning ROM v9.4.13.2

biatche

Hi All,

I think I nailed it all down with the help of msfn (a different post called "A different way to install nero") and ofcourse thinapp. My installation only contains Nero Burning Rom 9.0.9.4 and is now 46MB in packed size. Everything is installed trough the unit.msi which you have to modify a bit (see post on msfn "A different way to install nero"). And most important I didn't install the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package " which was mandatory in my case. But I'm still testing to see if I actually need to install this or can slim it down with a few more MB's.

The reason probably why it wasn't working for me had to do with some registry settings not inserted when installing through the msi's. With the help of ThinApp I managed to track down those registry settings.

If any body is interested in my solution just lemme know (because a different post on msfn about "A different way to install nero" was not working for me).

Edited by dreamline

Hi all,

At the moment I'm working, but later on today I will do a clean install of Nero 9.0.9.4 to see if my solution actually works. If so then I will post a step by step tutorial explaining what I did to make it all work. :) I will also test if my solution works for the latest version of Nero. :D

Hi Biatche,

I haven't got the 9.4.13.2 version. So I'm stuck to my old version.. :( I downloaded the 9.4.13 trial version with a temporary license file, so I can check if my documentation works on this version too.. :D Right now I'm going to test it so keep your fingers crossed... :D

Just tested 9.4.13.2 and didn't work, so back to testing.. Nero gets installed but doesn't start... :( I am getting closer and closer, so I think I will get there.. :D

Edited by dreamline

With dreamline's version of the nero 9, you would have to have thinapp (yes that means buy a program to make a program), and I don't think anyone would like to do that. I have the basic plans out for my app and I'm just working on the coding. Still need to think of what kind of installer I will use.

Hi again,

Like x-Shadow-x said I used ThinApp for the job, but I am sure there must be some programs that do the same job without having to pay for it. :) Also if you don't have VMWare then the job might be tricky as well since you have no way of testing the installation, unless you have a second PC and tons of CDs/DVDs. :)

For Nero Burning Rom 9.0.9.4 and 9.4.13.2 I nailed it down to having advrcntr4.dll and register it with regsvr32 (see my instructions and the thread here on MSFN called thread "new way to install Nero 9 silent"). You need registry keys from HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID (get a freeware program that does snapshots of your registry before and after an installation and compares the differences). And finally modify unit.msi with Orca so that you can install from the unit.msi. If you do not modify unit.msi you will get a nag screen saying that Nero has to be installed from setupx.exe).

I nailed it down and here's the how to:

Edit: Tutorial removed for now since it only seemed to work on my test computers and according to Biatche it didn't work on his. So back to testing and trying to figure out a working solution on all computers for a nero installation through the unit.msi's... :D

Edited by dreamline

There aren't any other programs like that because vmware patented it, if you want to snap your registry, you can use regshot. And I can get nero+express into a 13Mb package.

Edited by x-Shadow-x