So the god forsaken UPS screwed up.

Now we all shop for computer parts and etc online and sometimes the package gets returned. In my case never, but it finally happened,

Not by the USPS

Not by Fedex

but by the god forsaken UPS.

I never knew until I finally got one notice in the mail that states that UPS sent my package once, and only once. Yet I go online and findout that UPS seny my package three times and finally returned it on the third time. Of course I have to join there website to even find this information out.

I mean $#@!#@$#@$## :realmad: the driver left a note stating it was the first time yet, it was really the third :blink:.

So now I have to complain to UPS and then tell the sending ( who probably know this already ) that the package is at there office.

Now I have to spend another twenty dollars that would eqaul to the amount it would take for me to drive to the sender.

I mean I only got one notice in the mail and it was third time? It is even marked for the first time delivery. I was thinking about contacting better business bureau and telling them about UPS actions after I talk with UPS.

I had a similar experience with UPS. When I usually order stuff online, I have it shipped to my dad's company since his office is open from 9 AM to 5 PM (and there's always someone there to sign for a package). Anyways, when I had some stuff shipped this particular time, I chose to go with UPS since it was free. So when I checked the tracking number I had been given on their website, I found that they had left a notice because no one had answered the front door buzzer... They tried delivering the package at 6 PM even though the package was marked as being for a company... :wacko: Oh UPS... I had to call them and explicitly tell them to deliver it between 9 AM and 5 PM.

I had numerous such experiences with UPS. From lost packages (thanks god it was insured, but it was a REAL pain trying to get them to honor it), to regularly having to call them to schedule a 2nd delivery attempt (they only try once, then you have to go pick it up? wow), to extremely long delivery times, often due to screw-ups (tracking saying things like "parcel not loaded on vehicle", or them just forgetting to load it on the delivery truck, even if it says "out for delivery"). Customs clearance with them also sucks. Overall, about half the time I run into issues and have to call them.

My last order from NCIX using UPS took 9 entire days to get here. Next NCIX order was using Purolator, to the same address, from the same warehouse and all, took all of 14 hours to get here, without any of the kinds of issues that always seem to happen using UPS. The cost was also basically the same (within 10%).

I never had that problem with UPS. My UPS man behaves like the naughty child (ring the doorbell and run) when I built my computer two years ago he left $1700 of computer parts sitting on my front steps at 3:00pm with no car in the driveway. I’ve had other things delivered hear the doorbell and open the door as he is driving away.

There's always some shenanigans afoot with any of them. Be thankful that your package of $300 computer components wasn't almost left at a strange neighbor's place when you didn't answer the door (FedEx did that one with me).

The moral of the story: Always know general receipt times and follow up HARD if they are missed. And the FedEx people responsible did hear an earful over that. Have your vendor ship with a signature required clause if you can get away with that with them. Perhaps the best.

Edited by Glenn9999

I never had that problem with UPS. My UPS man behaves like the naughty child (ring the doorbell and run) when I built my computer two years ago he left $1700 of computer parts sitting on my front steps at 3:00pm with no car in the driveway. I’ve had other things delivered hear the doorbell and open the door as he is driving away.
And here I thought this was just my UPS guy. They left approximately USD2K worth of equipment, most in VERY descriptive boxes (thanks marketing departments!), sitting on my front porch. My neighbors are all trustworthy as far as I can tell over the years, but you never know who might be driving by.

I now ship FedEx only, as they (so far) haven't pulled this little stunt (UPS will do it even if you're home!).

My company doesn't use UPS either. We've had some ups and downs from them, mostly because their throwers deliver us broken products. I think the last straw was when they lost a pallet of video cards... We're talking like 500+ video cards here!