how fix keyboard button laptop?

RYU81

I have a dell that has keys like that.

The are actually "Arm" type things that slide into the little arches on the top and bottom of the sides.

I would try ebay (or your equivelant) ant see if you can find a whole keyboard for cheap.

I never have gotten mine fixed because I don't feel like byiung a whole new keyboard for a shfit key...

RYU81,

As I said, if no piece was broken off, it should be possible to mount them. Just take some time (a lot of time sometimes) to see which part (piece, arm?) of the key goes where. I.e. the arm should get hooked on that metal thing I suppose (usually slide it beneath). Then there should be a part (in the center) that just pops in under pressure (it should click). Try to feel it - sometimes much pressure is needed, but too much can break it (if other parts didn't fit properly). If needed, approach from several directions.

On your first picture I see a key that:

1. wasn't attached right so can't snap in place. (The arm wasn't connected correctly)

or

2. is attached right and just a little pressure is all that is needed.

On your second picture I see there are possible three hooking points. I'm sure the lower big metal part is one, please if you can post a picture of the key from its lower side.

GL

I tries to push but no luck,it attached only upper side,I put all other buttons but now only Q,A and F3 I can put it.I don't like to buy new keyboard for only three buttons,I hope there way cheap fix.

img0174.th.jpg

As always, jaclaz to the rescue! :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

RYU81, study the links carefully and disregard everything about membrane (I think that's not your problem), but the little mechanism (two plastic frames (brackets) that connect and provide tension) - most of it is in the third link.

Good luck and please tell us how it went. :thumbup

GL